POSITION TITLE: Cook
LOCATION: A Catered Experience
Reporting to the Chef, this position is primarily responsible for the accurate preparation and cooking of all food products, to ensure a consistently high quality product. This individual is also responsible in assisting the Chef in managing all daily operations of the kitchen and ensures that all equipment is in working condition and cleaned thoroughly on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
* Prepares for the day by gathering all items necessary for cooking food products in large quantities.
* Cooks menu items in accordance with prescribed recipes.
* Assists Chef to maintain inventory for goods in chill, freezer and dry/canned goods on a weekly basis.
* Assists with packing and wrapping of cooked items for each event with proper color codes.
* Assists with maintenance and cleanliness of the kitchen on a daily basis.
* Puts all equipment away in their proper place.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
* Meets assigned shift requirements.
* Regularly push, pull, and carry up to 50 - 75lbs on a regular basis.
* Stand and walk at least 6-8 hours.
* Reach at shoulder level and below waist constantly, above head occasionally.
* Bend at waist occasionally.
* Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Passed a tuberculosis (TB) skin test within 5 years of start date or possess a valid chest x-ray clearance.
* Pass a drug screening test.
* Need to show proof of full vaccination for COVID-19
* Works in a variety of temperatures ranging from 0 - 95 degrees or more.
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Prior culinary experience and/or education required.
* Basic math and writing.
* Ability to learn and practice new/innovative food preparation and service methods as determined by the company.
* Able to interact with guests and co-workers in a friendly, enthusiastic, and outgoing manner.
* Able to work independently or as part of a team.
* Possess problem solving and critical thinking skills.
* Reading, writing, speaking, and comprehending the English language.
* Trustworthy with company property.
* Enjoys multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
* Punctual and dependable.
* Paid Time Off Accrual
* FREE Employee Meals
* Employee Discounts
* Medical, Vision & Dental Plans
* Company Matched 401 (k)
* Education Tuition Reimbursement
* Incentive & Rewards Programs
* Employee Assistance & Wellness Program