Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
The A/R Auditor will effectively audit/review, monitor and execute action for a positive resolution for any A/R process, procedure or function not meeting or limiting maximum financial return. The A/R Auditor is responsible for analyzing various forms of payments, A/R processes and procedures for financial or application discrepancies. Other aspects of the job can include compiling and tracking data, assisting with special projects and preparing training materials.
- Provides in-depth review of Explanation of Benefits for underpayments and/or inappropriate adjustments or credits.
- Processes insurance appeals for underpaid claims or claims not paid according to valid negotiated contractual agreement on file.
- Audits internal and external functions to guarantee maximum financial return.
- Works with the department manager and any assigned personnel to streamline processes and procedures.
- Assists the department manager in developing training programs for positions within the organization.
- Demonstrates efficiency by performing procedures rapidly and determining priority.
- Utilizes unstructured time constructively.
- Utilizes personal and professional skills to promote interdepartmental relationships.
- Communicates with the department manager and all others within SHUSA to ensure quality patient care.
- Respects and maintains the confidentiality of information relative to SHUSA, its clients and patients.
- Maintains a positive work environment.
- Ability to work with minimal direction
- Perform duties in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Possess effective written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Possess effective work habits and ability to build/maintain work relationships
- Must have knowledge of computer technology and terminology
- Ability to type and demonstrate10 key proficiency
- Ability to read and comprehend English
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Excel experience to Determine, analyze and improve a company's strategic goals
- High School diploma or GED
- Excel experience or certifications
- 2 years' experience in accounts receivable/medical billing, medical terminology, reimbursement, follow up and CPT/ICD 10
- Experience with medical coding, private insurance, laboratory billing/operations
- Customer service experience
- Experience in multitasking environment
- Light to moderate physical effort (lift/carry 5 to 50 lbs.)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.