Meraki Talent are partnering with a Renewable Energy business in Edinburgh (hybrid working) to appoint a permanent Accountant paying £43,000 - £47,000 plus a fantastic benefits package including excellent bonus potential and pension contributions.
This business has an unrivalled ambition for growth which will involve UK & international expansion, diversification into different types of renewable energy and acquisitions. The company is renowned for creating a highly interactive and inclusive culture where everyone is given the platform to reach their full potential.
The role of Accountant will be responsible for a very high profile and valuable renewable energy project. Within time, the portfolio will expand significantly to provide exposure to both domestic & international projects, varying renewable energy technologies, all stages of the project lifecycle (infancy to fully operational) and also joint ventures to 100% ownership.
The key role components will include:
- Responsibility for the finance & accounting for a high profile renewable energy project
- Business partnering with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Reviewing and developing processes, procedures, controls & systems
Taking full ownership of:
- Creation & presentation of monthly reporting packs
- Preparation of statutory accounts including liaising with external auditor
- P&L analysis
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Balance sheet integrity & reconciliations
- Cashflow analysis & management
- Ensuring a swift & efficient month-end close
We are keen to engage with individuals with high calibre, financial accounting skills and experience - including IFRS exposure. Ideally, you will be a qualified Accountant however, individuals with a few exams remaining will also be considered. Projects exposure would be advantageous, but as long as the individual can demonstrate a passion for project accounting and the renewables sector, their application will be accepted.
The position of Accountant is based in Edinburgh with excellent flexible and hybrid working - 2 days in the office and 3 days from home. The role will offer:
- £43,000 - £47,000 base salary
- Excellent bonus potential
- Excellent pension contributions
- Generous holiday allowance
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- Flexible & hybrid working