Are you an Accounts professional with experience of working in a manufacturing environment? Do you have a proven track record of transactional support and accounts preparation? Are you flexible, adaptable, and able to work effectively as part of a small team?
Then we have an opportunity for you
De la Rue are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join our site in Westhoughton, where you will provide strong transactional support to the local Finance team to assist in the preparation of monthly accounts on site. The Accounts Assistant will provide strong transactional support to the local Finance team to assist in the preparation of monthly accounts on site.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an iconic British manufacturer and global leader of Banknotes and Authentication solutions, currently delivering against a challenging growth plan despite the recent global challenges.
This is a permanent full-time position, based at our site in Westhoughton. Periodic travel to visit other sites / our Head Office in Basingstoke may be required.
What will I be doing?
- Inputting transactional activity into SAP ByD Finance system to support the completion of periodic financial statement.
- Assisting in the annual budgeting processes. Ensuring all inputs are received at the necessary time and in the correct format. Checking accuracy of the data when received and highlight where this may need to be reviewed / challenged.
- Supporting monthly reporting (A3 Reporting) and working closely with site operations, central planning and procurement where required.
- Run reports of indirect costs and provide this to local team to allow monthly review and challenge of cost centre managers to ensure delivery of targets for cost control and resource utilisation.
- Supporting the activities required for monthly forecast for volume, variances and indirect costs with commentary for movements.
- Preparing and posting journals into the finance system.
- Gathering information required to support the calculation of job standard costs and regular variance reports.
- Completing export packing volumes, stock transfer orders and journal of cost of production.
- To assist area in selected site improvement projects, providing financial data and verifying anticipated savings. To identify, challenge and drive these projects to delivery savings.
- Providing support for the central forecasting process, where required.
- Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to ensure accuracy of data and information that will help support financial decision-making process.
- Assisting in the periodic completion of the control self-assessment returns.
- Undertaking other ad hoc analytical and finance tasks as directed by the Site Finance Manager as and when necessary.
- Assisting in regular WIP / Raw Material stock takes.
What qualifications, experience and skills are we looking for?
- Experience working within a Finance Team (manufacturing preferred)
- AAT qualification desirable
- Competent MS Excel user (vlookups, pivot tables)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good customer service skills
In return for your experience and expertise, De La Rue offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- 26 days holiday
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private health insurance
- Various other perks and Employee Assistance packages