An independent pensions advice and wealth management specialists group is looking to expand their Digital & Transformation (D&T) team, the team wishes to recruit an experienced professional to be based in any one of their offices to act as an Actuarial SME.
The D&T team is growing significantly due to an expanding pipeline of projects and a track record of successful product delivery. We are recruiting at various levels within D&T to help deliver new products in the marketplace, internal efficiencies, and business expansion. This is the opportunity to be part of this exciting and growing team.
Role and Responsibilities:
This role will be suitable for experienced pensions consultants with an actuarial background and a passion for technology, seeking to branch out into new areas. In addition to proven technical and consulting experience, individuals are to have strong communication skills and be able to demonstrate that they can conceive and assist with building solutions to a range of real-life problems.
- Building & managing relationships with a range of stakeholders across the business.
- Analysing and understanding problems in depth, then proposing appropriate use of technology-based solutions.
- Explaining technical concepts to non-experts and translating responses into technical requirements.
- Converting business requests into proposals, and proposals into solutions.
- Progress towards FIA or FFA qualification, or ex-student.
- Actuarial Technician qualification.
- Other Pensions backgrounds with experience of building models will also be considered.
Experience and Competencies:
- At least 2 years' experience working in a Pensions-consulting environment.
- Detailed understanding of actuarial calculations.
- Excellent client and stakeholder management relationship skills.
- Adapts to working independently or as part of a team.
- Able to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Proactive and practical approach.
- Experience, or enthusiasm to learn, of microservices, cloud computing, and new technologies.
- Able to work within a multi-disciplinary professional services firm.
Demonstrated Commitment to our Core Purpose:
Power in Partnership: We work in partnership with our clients & each other - building open and trusted relationships. Working together allows us to deliver the best for our clients.
Future Focus: We want to push our industry forward by solving problems in better ways that benefit both our clients & society.
Strength in Difference: We work with diverse perspectives to find better solutions. Working with differences makes us stronger.
People First: We recognise that pensions is a people business. People are the source of Isio's expertise and it is people's lives that we affect through our advice.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
We practice a diverse and inclusive recruitment process that ensures equal opportunity for all we work with, irrespective of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. As an organisation, we encourage applications from all backgrounds and will ensure measures are met when required, to allow a fair process throughout.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.