The DMED Ad Platform integrates with thousands of advertisers, with over a billion ads served per month. Before being served to a viewer, each one of these ads goes through a sophisticated workflow involving sales and planning, targeting, trafficking, and quality control, to deliver maximum value to our advertisers while maintaining an engaging experience for viewers.
Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, we captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and are looking for people who are passionate about redefining advertising through collaboration, innovation, unconventional thinking, stellar execution, committed to lifelong learning and improving while still embracing fun. You'll be joining a talented team that works interdependently toward aggressive goals to deliver technically sound solutions. We work to ensure that we share both accountability and credit as a team.
Our Ad Serving teams specialize in the delivery of ad campaigns, and ensures the pacing of each campaign is healthy and daily delivery goals are met. Major focus areas for the team are; to ensure the ad is delivered to the right set of users, optimize for brand and industry to minimize ad fatigue, innovate pacing and ad selection algorithms, solve for Dynamic Ad Insertion on Live Streams, and to measure and report on Total Supply and monetizable opportunities for ad delivery. In addition to these core ad serving capabilities, the Ad Serving teams implement new ad formats and experiences focusing on viewer-first, less disruptive advertising solutions.
As a member of our team, you will apply your knowledge and skills to help us deliver scalable, performant, maintainable, and testable software.
On a daily basis you should bring;
Basic Qualifications :
- A willingness and desire to collaborate on all things
- Knowledge of system design and implementation best practices to guide and mentor
- Demonstrated ownership for the projects delivered by your new team and department
- A passion for mentoring, learning, and adapting to a very dynamic and fast paced environment
- A proven ability to work with product teams to translate requirements into well-defined technical implementations, as well as the ability to define technical and operational metrics to measure system health
- A keen eye for potential optimizations and/or enhancements to our services
- Your unique view and experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or relevant work experience
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong programming (Java/C#/C++ or other related programming languages)
- Great communication, collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strive for excellence
Additional Information :
- Experience with non-relational database technologies e.g. DynamoDB
- Experience with Redis and/or MemCache
- Experience with Apache Kafka and/or Kinesis
- AWS or any other cloud platform
- Experience with Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes