In November 2019 Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) became the first further education provider in England to achieve outstanding grades in every area of Ofsted s recently reformed Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
The inspection report praised all areas of the College s provision and acknowledged NSCG s positive, stimulating and safe learning environment , highly motivated staff , and learners exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning . It also highlighted the fantastic partnerships the College has with industry.
To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, please visit the Ofsted Government website, select Find an Inspection Report and search for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes. We have over 4,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and suitably qualified individual with excellent communication and organisational skills to take on this role within the Performing Arts department.
Reporting directly to the Group head of Performing Arts you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Centre Supervisor.
Duties are varied and include checking and maintaining systems ensuring that all data is recorded and stored in the appropriate area.
To assist the Centre Supervisor with a range of activities identified in the academic calendar such as open events, welcome events, parents evenings. To attend team meetings and take accurate minutes when required.
In addition to a good standard of general education, you should have experience of working in a varied and busy administrative and/or secretarial role. You will have a confident manner with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, excellent MS Office Skills (Word, Excel and Access) and will be able to work efficiently to tight deadlines. Hours of work are usually office hours Monday to Friday, but occasional attendance at open evenings and events will be required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work closely with and support the Group Head of performing Arts / Centre Supervisor to ensure high standards are met.
- To act as the initial point of contact for all enquiries from students, parents and/or employers.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has a good standard of education qualified and be willing to undertake any relevant professional development.
- Has previous experience of working in a varied administrative and secretarial role with outstanding organisational skills.
- Has a confident manner and able to communicate effectively at all levels showing professionalism to visitors and guests.
What s in it for you?The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 24 days annual leave, rising to 30 following 5 years service (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Administration Assistant, please click Apply Now to complete an online application form.If you are applying via a jobs board, you will receive an email and link that will take you directly to our application form on the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group website).
Closing date: Sunday 7th August 2022
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college-based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.