Administrative Fellow Information Technology and Digital Track
CommonSpirit HealthEnglewood, Colorado Requisition ID
223 Employment Type
Full Time Department
Information Technology Hours/Pay Period
Day Weekly Schedule
Monday - Friday (8:00am - 5:00pm Remote
Intern and Extern Overview
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community. Responsibilities
The CommonSpirit Health Administrative Fellowship is a system-wide 18-month post-graduate Fellowship. Fellows complete rotations across the Information Technology and Digital (ITD) function during the program in order to gain exposure and develop valuable leadership competencies in digital and information technology functions. The Fellowship gives future leaders the unique opportunity to develop a broad understanding of the technology operations, production development, and digital innovation of a rapidly evolving healthcare system. This position will start in July 2023. Essential key responsibilities include:
- Complete three rotations through Digital, Data & Analytics, and Applications, Cyber Security, Infrastructure and Product development.
- Fellows will provide meaningful contribution to the organization by leading projects that support organizational initiatives while also actively participating in leadership talent development.
- Observe, learn, and participate in a wide range of digital and technology operations and digital applications development activities. These activities include, but are not limited to: product requirement gathering, technical design, solution architecture, infrastructure deployment, application development and testing.
- Complete all elements of the development plan, including first time manager training fellowship leadership course, and mission leadership curriculum.
- Develop and demonstrate professional competencies, management skills, and decision-making abilities which will enable the Fellow to succeed in organizational change management. Acquire technical knowledge of CommonSpirit Health and the healthcare delivery to build a foundation for future career development.
- Actively build mentorship relationships and seek feedback to develop skills and build a foundation for a future leadership position.
- Participate, as directed, at a line level and effectively perform assigned tasks within digital and technology operations, consistent with Fellowship focus areas. Gain in-depth appreciation for, and hands-on experience with, the work that must be handled in those ITD functional areas.
- Seek leadership roles in substantive projects that foster development of organizational knowledge, interpersonal and analytical skills, and the opportunity to translate academic theory into practice.
- Works on small to medium projects to develop clinical or business applications as a team member
- Assists other data analysts and engineers on support and development
A compensation range of $60,650-$97,000 is the reasonable estimate that CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
While youre busy impacting the healthcare industry, well take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility and more! HOW TO APPLY:
In order to submit a complete application, candidates MUST complete the following actions within the application
- Attach the following documents to their candidate profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Two Letters of Recommendation (one professional, one other)
- Graduate Academic Transcripts
- One-Page Statement of Purpose Addressing:
- Why you are interested in a fellowship at CommonSpirit Health, and with the specific division indicated;
- Your professional areas of interest; and
- How the fellowship will have an impact on accomplishingyour career goals
At the time of their application, candidates must either be currently enrolled in their last year of an accredited graduate program, will have completed upon conclusion of fellowship, or have recently completed one of the below degrees from an accredited university:
- Master of Science in Computer Engineering
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- Master of Science in Information Technology
- Master of Science in Data Science
- Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence
- Master of Science in Health Informatics
- Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- Or equivalent degree from an accredited graduate program
Fellowship is available for recent grads and early careerists interested in pursuing a career in healthcare administration and leadership. Candidates must have less than five years of experience in their field of study and must have graduated with an applicable Masters Degree between Spring 2022-Spring 2023.
Successful candidates will demonstrate knowledge in the field of Software Development, Data Science, Cyber Security, Cloud Operations, Infrastructure support, Artificial Intelligence, or Digital Technologies. Furthermore, successful candidates should demonstrate interest in supporting the information technology needs of an integrated healthcare delivery system, a passion for the mission of CommonSpirit Health, and a commitment to being a provider of humankindess. Equal Opportunity
CommonSpirit Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to
a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status,
ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant,
pleaseclick here. ()
CommonSpirit Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-Verify.
Equal OpportunityCommonSpirit Health is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.