Learning Support Assistant - Teaching Assistant - SEN -Bagshot
Would you like to work with children and young people who need additional care and support
The school provides a safe learning environment for children complex learning, social and communication difficulties, which may include physical disability. The school also provides therapies such as occupational therapy, physiotherapy, music, speech and language therapies where these are part of a young person's Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP). The team works closely with therapists to ensure the physical and emotional support of the children. The school has excellent facilities and on-site equipment including a therapy pool, sensory rooms and uses I-Gaze technology, and there is excellent on-site training and support, helping with progression to become senior support assistants, teachers, therapy assistants etc.
Children have various special needs including Autism, Severe Learning Difficulties and Physical Disabilities where some children will be non-verbal or require a degree of personal care.
What is involved:
- Providing assistance and support for children before, during and after lessons
- Assisting children to understand and participate in tasks in an appropriate way
- Encouraging the development of appropriate social skills
- Ensuring individual student records are maintained
- Helping to build confidence and motivation
- Participating in team meetings and training programmes as an active member of a team
- Working with managers and employees to support the developing culture of the organisation
- Following regulations pertaining to safeguarding
- Where required, supporting individual needs including assisting with a wide range of medical and occasionally personal care tasks as necessary and providing physical support where needed (training will be provided in giving medical care and support)
- Graduate Learning Support Assistant, Teaching Assistant, Behaviour Mentor, Care
- £70 to £80 daily rate (5-day week - 32 hours per week)
- Temp -to-perm contracts
- Special needs school - Autism, challenging behaviour, personal care)
- Full time and part time roles, flexible working hours and short and long term contracts
- July and Sept 2022 start, depending on your availability.
- Apply via this advert or call Ben Mason on for more details.