Remote (with some travel to Central Manchester)
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a large not for profit to lead the inhouse Bid team.
In this role you will be accountable for the strategic bids and new market entry propositions across the key markets (Employment Services, Justice, Youth, Skills, and Business Support).
This will be an exciting and hands-on leadership role that will require exceptional bid management, service design and communication skills as well as strong project management, commercial awareness and creative thinking.
The organisation has 17 active operating companies, all of which are consolidated into the Group.
The combined income is £110m+ which is secured from a variety of sources (e.g. grants/tenders/private sector sales). The post holder will be required to work with a wide range of public and private markets including: DWP, ESFA, BEIS, MOJ, DIT, ESF/ERDF, Apprenticeships Local/Combined Authorities, and/or private sector organisations.
The role will primarily home-based, with occasional travel to the head office in Manchester.
- Have up-to-date awareness of national policy and market trends to aid the bid management process.
- Lead on the development of new market entries and strategically important opportunities for GC.
- Direct the day-to-day coordination of the project teams and the pipeline to achieve successful submission.
- Manage internal stakeholders with bid/no bid decisions.
- Support and challenge the organisation to identify risks and opportunities for its core areas of business and consider new markets to explore.
- Take responsibility for the drafting of important bids to ensure responses, propositions and presentation are of the highest quality to secure the contract.
- Create, negotiate and close commercial agreements.
- Oversee winning service design models for new opportunities with support from operations and shared services.
- Ensure that governance is undertaken based on the scope of every opportunity in line with the governance process.
- A team leader who is enthusiastic and able to support a project effectively.
- Deep understanding of the technical compliance and specification requirements of similar bids / tenders.
- Robust financial/commercial knowledge.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively across GC and at varying levels of the business.
- Expert knowledge of public commissioning and procurement processes.
- Awareness of funded services opportunities in a public policy-driven environment, programmes in welfare to work, skills and organisational development.
- 5 years of proven experience in developing and winning large-scale public sector contracts in markets relevant to GC.
- Track record of bidding and tendering success in a senior leadership role. Evidence of analytical skills and producing high quality written work to tight deadlines.
- Proven skills in producing and editing proposal content within a complex business environment.
- Understanding of public sector procurement practices.
- Experienced in leading storyboarding sessions, participating in key review meetings / final document review, content editing and sign off, and document production.
- You are capable of assessing new markets and attending to tendering opportunities in support of the business strategy.
- Excellent IT Skills especially across the Microsoft Office suite.