Blender - Materials chemistry £up to 59k Base + Bonus + Benefits
South East ABJ5621
As Materials Chemist or materials engineer or materials blender with experience in product development you will assist with technical projects aimed at advancing the understanding of all aspects of materials used in their global first class R&D facilities. Your focus in this role will be to manage the end to end Blend/Enabler Development activities to assist product development. As strong materials chemist and blender you will also manage the Product Stewardship and product support services (on an operational basis) relationship for the activities required for projects assigned. As a blender you will interpret global data and propose opportunities for standards & guidelines, complexity reduction workstreams.
- Manages the Blend/enabler development activities for the assigned responsibilities / projects /workstreams within R&D projects.
- Supports the Senior Blenders in managing operational project aspects and in the delivery of assigned Global GDB Development project mandates
- Analyses portfolio of Global Blends assigned and proposes opportunities for transfer of success, seeking synergies and complexity management.
- Monitors Blend development approach globally ensuring alignment to standards and guidelines
- Manage the Implementation of new and modified Blends with New Categories, Deploy through clear Performance Specifications & Guidelines, and systems management where required
- Manage the regulatory/stewardship requirements for new to world developments / enablers.
- Monitor and review progress of the development projects against the agreed targets
- Manages quality and consistency of Blend specifications through tracking of monthly Analytical/Toxicological results and has the ability to use tracked data, historical results and trends, actual chemical/emissions results to be able to predict blend chemical results based on input materials enabling more informed Blend developments and sustainable Blend changes
- Establish and cultivate good working relationships with a range of stakeholders at equivalent levels (technical and managerial) within the blend development and Blend Management space.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Qualified with a an appropriate qualification BSc, MSc, PhD
- Senior experience within Blending, Product and Leaf
- Good Product Experience in understanding markets/consumers and translating to technical solutions
- Mid-level experience in Creative Blend development for multiple Blend styles and markets
- Solid Understanding of processing facilities and capabilities and impact to product
- Good leadership, engagement and influencing skills
- Effective communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally and cross-culturally
35 hours per week. Full Time. Permanent
Benefits Package Includes Pension, Bonus (30%), 5 weeks holiday (pro rata), Share save and share reward schemes, Accident and medical insurance, subsidised catering.
TO APPLY: Please contact Alison Basson