A great new opportunity is available to work in lovely refurbished offices in a small and collaborative team providing bookkeeping and payroll services. We work from our offices, however occasional travel to clients is requires so a reliable vehicle and clean driving licence is essential.
The key responsibility is to manage a portfolio of clients delivering bookkeeping services including some management accounts, but mainly production of monthly and quarterly accounts to trial balance, and preparation of year end accounts.
This is a diverse role where you will manage a number o clients from different industries. Experience of working in a practice would be an advantage and you will be required to have a good working knowledge of Xero and SAGE Line 50 Software.
Main Bookkeeper Responsibilities:
- Sales and purchase Ledger duties
- Bank and credit card reconciliation
- Submitting VAT & CIS returns
- Credit control
- Managing supplier payments
- Working with incomplete records
- Posting journals
- Reconciling control accounts
- Preparing management accounts
- Preparing year end file for our accountants
- Payroll duties such as; sick pay, maternity pay, auto enrolment, CIS, salary sacrifice, setting up new payroll schemes, applying for PAYE on behalf of clients and dealing with frequent starters/leavers
The Ideal Bookkeeper:
- Practice or multi industry experience preferable
- Experience using Xero & SAGE 50 software
- AAT Level 3 or higher (or equivalent)
- Excellent customer services skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good working knowledge of Excel
Package and Benefits:
- 37.5hrs Compressed into 4.5 Days
- 20 Days Annual Leave
- Free Parking
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- There are often friendly dogs that visit the office!
Thank you for your application however due to the high volume of candidates applying, if you have not heard back from us within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.