The BI Report Developer will support the Alliance goal to become a data driven organization by developing Business Intelligence products, including reports and dashboards that provide relevant, accurate and clear information. BI Report Developers are responsible for ensuring that data requirements are met and that the developed solution is technically sound. BI Report Developers will also provide end user support on developed data products. The BI Report Developer will employ technologies that adhere to standards established by the organization, contractual requirements, industry standards and best practices and compliance with HIPAA and related security regulations.This position is fulltime remote.The successful candidate must be available to travel to the home office (Morrisville, NC) when necessary.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Requirements Gathering and Data Analysis
- Participate in business analysis activities to gather required reporting and business requirements.
- Translate requirements into technical specifications that will be used to develop the required reports and/or dashboards.
- Perform data analysis of healthcare datasets to get insights into available data and determine its usability for report development.
Reports and Dashboards Development
- Design and develop MicroStrategy reports and dashboards, including all necessary objects (e.g., metrics and filters) required by them.
- Design and develop SQL-based data products (e.g., stored procedures).
- Utilize available visualization tools and skills to develop, detect and promote understanding of data patterns, trends, and correlations to further business insights.
- Participate in developing and understanding data models and provide design consultation and testing to support corporate business initiatives.
QA / Peer Review
- Test and review MicroStrategy reports and dashboards to ensure that requirements are met and that they are developed in line with our development standards and best practices.
- Test and review SQL-based data products to ensure that requirements are met and that they are developed in line with our development standards and best practices.
- Following our development standards and best practices, document developed data products. This includes both technical and end-user documentation.
Data product support
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Provide end user support on developed data products as required.
- Provide technical assistance, collaborate with and exercise cross training opportunities with other team members.
NoneMINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
Associates degree and five (5) years of experience in data visualization, modeling, and analysis to support process improvement, program effectiveness, and process control including 2 years of experience in the design/prototyping of BI solutions including reports, dashboards, and scorecards; or bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or other data-intensive field and three (3) years of experience with increasing responsibilities for management and support of healthcare data reporting systems and information technology including direct management of a major IT operation; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience working in a Business Intelligence role designing, developing, and/or supporting reports and/or dashboards in a healthcare setting.KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Knowledge of developing BI products in a healthcare environment, preferably the payer side, and working with healthcare datasets.
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts including Multidimensional models and star-join schemas, including the ability to develop data cubes.
- Knowledge of relational databases and querying languages such as SQL, preferably T-SQL, including development of queries, stored procedures, functions, and views.
- Skill in effective communication especially when providing technical assistance.
- Skill in analyzing large datasets, problem solving, and organizing.
- Skill in choosing optimal visualizations for business insights and requirements.
- Ability to develop multidimensional reports in MicroStrategy or similar BI platform.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.