Business Solutions Analyst Overview of Position Responsible for user training & support, interface development/support, interface mapping/research. This role will also work with TES Operations Partners to identify, evaluate, and develop system procedures which are cost effective and meet business requirements. Function is responsible for testing/performing QA activities and providing details/recommendations/direction to Legacy Programmers related to any issues or problems detected. May plan and execute unit integration, and acceptance testing; additionally, working with Programming to update specifications for systems to meet specific needs. Work assignments are complex in nature where considerable system knowledge / judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations to mitigate. Frequently interacts with functional peer groups at management levels and/or outside customers. May interact with senior management and senior programming. Interactions normally involve projects between cross-functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Performs complex system research in troubleshooting and resolving issues reported by Operations. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices; combined with advanced system knowledge to determine appropriate action. Clarifies system set-up requirements and protocol.
- Performs complex interface utility mapping and data integrity check/review
- Detailed Analysis of new client, billing data and files to identify potential problems or issues
- Monitors interfaces/hospital files as well as claims filed for internal customer to determine accuracy of content and claims acceptance
- Works with MDIV Programmers or facility (hospital/client) staff to provide detailed information (on interfaces/hospital files) and provides recommendation for correction
- Test and performs QA activities on complex system settings/changes, which may include interfaces
- Completes complex ad hoc requests as needed for clients/operations or troubleshooting
- Other duties as assigned
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High school diploma or 3+ years on MDIV Billing platform.
- 3+ years experience in a Billing and/or analytical support within a medical billing office
- Strong personal computer literacy required, including working knowledge of relevant software packages such as Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word)
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Working/Advanced knowledge in analysis, translating specifications, ability to read flat files
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical thinking
- Familiar with data files formats such as. hl7, .txt or .csv
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi task and work through complex issues
- Ability to meet position metrics goals (KPIs)
- Prior experience and/knowledge with interface engines a plus
- Ability to work with large amounts of data, including checks for integrity, summation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- General office demands
- Office Environment with high-speed internet
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at and the supplemental information at
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcares Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information () .
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicant will reveive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status.