Are you an experienced CAMHS clinician with recognised therapeutic training looking for a challenging new opportunity to work with highly complex families within an MDT team in an inpatient setting?
If so join our dedicated and experienced multidisciplinary team at Potters Bar Clinic, where you will work 18.75 hours as part of a team, rather than merely within a team, and to work with a capped and manageable caseload in a context where you know that young people are secure and safe in between your appointments.
As a Part-Time CAMHS Psychotherapist Practitioner, you will need to be confident in the application of your core therapeutic training but also highly adaptable, able to tailor your intervention to the needs of young people who often have highly complex backgrounds with co-morbid presentations, who will have experienced several unsuccessful interventions and often several previous inpatient admissions. You will need to be patient, sensitive and determined to engage them in therapy
There is a strong emphasis on teamwork at Potters Bar Clinic where you will provide care for young people with acute mental health needs and a variety of co-morbid presentations in an established 24-hour care environment. The CAMHS Tier 4 Low Secure services are for young people aged 13-18.
Reporting directly to Andrew, the Therapy Lead, you will carry caseload cases and act as an internal care coordinator to a couple of families. There will also be opportunities to run therapeutic groups for the young people on the wards.
You will have the opportunity to influence the therapeutic milieu on the ward by offering 'reflective practice' sessions and training with the nursing staff/health care assistants. The wards run according to a trauma-focused model.
- To psychotherapy interventions according to formulations based on appropriate theoretical frameworks, NICE guidelines, and in conjunction with the wider MDT formulation and interventions
- To be the internal care coordinator for two young people/families
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- An appropriate therapy qualification (with, where necessary, core clinical training).
- Registration with an appropriate professional body
- At least 2 years post qualifying experience
- Substantial CAMHS experience
What you will get:
- Annual salary of £40,000 - £45,000 Pro Rata (dependent on experience)
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave - plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 80 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.