Chief Financial Officer
A privately held manufacturing organization, based in Columbus, GA is currently seeking The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for the organization. This role plays a key role in developing, monitoring and evaluating overall corporate strategy with the President and Executive Leadership Team. The CFO will be a business partner to the ownership and leadership team and will be responsible for financial decision making and planning. The CFO will oversee the overall accounting process of the Company and have responsibility for the financial consolidation of the Company's various business units and locations in Georgia. The CFO will work in concert with the leadership team on a broad range of strategic initiatives designed to grow the organization and maintain and improve the financial health of the Company.
CFO Key Responsibilities:
- Act as a strategic business partner to the President and leadership team and senior-level managers.
- Lead, guide, and develop the staff of the Accounting and Purchasing groups.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
- Safeguard the assets of the company and its subsidiaries by developing and maintaining system of internal controls as well as assure accurate and timely recordkeeping of all transactions by implementing and maintaining disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all department in all business units in accordance with accounting standards and procedures.
- Maintain a clean, supportable Balance Sheet.
- Prepare and review financial reports for trends and performance against goals, budget, and provide financial analyses and comparisons. Prepare timely monthly financial reports and actively provide recommendations.
- Coordinating and oversight of monthly book inventories and quarterly/annual physical inventories.
- Oversee corporate taxes: quarterly estimates, deferred expenses, and LIFO calculations.
- Prepare and file Quarterly and annual payroll related tax reports and returns (including federal & state taxes, UC tax, 941, G-7, W-2, 940, 1099 and group life insurance benefits).
- Prepare other tax related reports and file returns (including sales tax, occupation taxes, property tax and freeport exemptions).
- Lead annual budgeting and forecasting for the Company.
- Participate and strategize with the Leadership Team to oversee the accounting and management of the employee benefits and compensation plans.
- Process the salaried payroll and member draws.
- Oversee the Company's insurance coverages including handling renewals and providing renewal information as required.
- Lead acquisition studies, due diligence, purchasing accounting and intangible valuations.
- Oversee and be responsible for the annual audit including the coordination and activities of the independent auditors.
- Lead banking relations, including day-to-day operating activities, as well as credit and loan activities and reporting requirements.
- Develop and implement strategies to enhance cash positions.
- Establish and manage all processes related to cash management including oversight of Accounts Receivable collections and Accounts Payable disbursements.
- Maintain an accurate and manageable cost system for the Company's business units.
- Be part of a group to evaluate, select, and implement a new ERP by EOY 2023.
- Manage the IT functions and personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- High level of written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GAAP.
- Experience in the development and application of management accounting and metrics within the manufacturing context.
- Experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
- Experience leading the financial evaluations of mergers and acquisitions candidates.
Compensation DOE: Up to $190K with additional incentives.
Send resume to Dan Witters
Career Transitions is actively recruiting for this role and introducing qualified candidates to the hiring manager. Career Transitions offers Recruiting, Contract Staffing, and Outplacement services nationally. Our team members have extensive experience working with technical, degreed, and astute professionals throughout the employment lifecycle. Our recruiting services support functional area's of Accounting and Finance, Administrative, Customer Service and Support, Engineering and Technology, Human Resources, Industrial, Manufacturing, Operations, Sales and Marketing, Science and Research, Software and Development, Supply Chain, Warehouse, Distribution.
To learn more about our firm
To learn more about jobs near me or national job openings visit
#cthejb #googleforjobs #cfojobs #accountingjobs #leadership #csuitejobs #hiring #jobsnearme