Purpose of the Role
The purpose of the environmental services assistant role is to work with team to clean the common areas of the centre safely and efficiently. You are responsible for the day to day cleaning of specifically agreed areas to the required standards
You will be expected to operate cleaning machines (after training) and present a professional and friendly image at all times.
You will have the ability to work both individually and within the team. You will be capable of carrying out your duties without constant supervision and be proactive in ensuring your area of responsibility meets the highest standards of cleanliness and safety.
- Use of various machines in accordance with requirements including scrubber dryers, rotary scrubber, escalator cleaners, pressure washers, vacuum cleaning machines etc.
- To always follow all of the departmental procedures and schedules correctly.
- To ensure that all waste is dealt with appropriately, emptying and cleaning bins when necessary. (Bins can weigh up to 5 kilos).
- To comply with all the health and safety procedures for the department including COSHH - machinery check sheets, PPE
- Ensure the safe disposal of clinical waste and sharps as per policy.
- To communicate and liaise with team leaders and colleagues to ensure a smooth running.
- To maintain all the sanitary areas to the required standard, replenishing supplies as required.
- To report any maintenance defects relating to the building and its fixtures and fittings.
- Cleaning of all public accessible areas.
- Sweeping, mopping and cleaning floors (both inside and outside).
- Cleaning public and staff toilets (both male and female).
- Emptying bins and removing rubbish / Cleaning low level windows and glass.
- Cleaning walls (including pillars) and signage (both internal and external).
- Cleaning stairs, stairwells, ramps, lifts and escalators.
- Cleaning of staff rooms, facilities, offices, control room and kitchens and where appropriate external entrances, perimeters and walkways including gardening areas.
- Cleaning corridors and back of house areas, barriers, vending machines, fixtures and fittings.
- Waste; sorting into appropriate containers, removing cardboard and other items for recycling.
- Completing daily forms to support work carried out.
- Compliance with all work-related health and safety regulations always.
Any other reasonable task requested by a member of the supervisory/management team.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Candidates will be required to demonstrate the following:
1 to 3 years proven experience working as a cleaner
Knowledge of cleaning chemicals, proper storage and disposal methods
Cleaning related qualifications such as BICS
Knowledge of COSHH policies and procedures
Excellent customer care skills