Role: Commercial Account Manager - Life Sciences
Salary: £50k plus £30k OTC (uncapped) plus excellent Benefits
Our client is one of world s largest Information Services Providers. They are looking for a Commercial Account Manager (CAM) who has a comprehensive understanding of the Life Sciences business culture to drive and develop a productive sales strategy in their region.
As A Life Sciences CAM your focus will be on retaining and developing existing accounts for new business opportunities and subsequent revenue generation in untouched departments or company sites within the Life Sciences industry.
- Develop a strong knowledge and understanding of the product portfolio and align this understanding to the needs and pains of the target audience (the client).
- Develop new revenue from portfolio (existing and new departments) to achieve/exceed territory revenue plan
- To maintain existing subscriber base through renewals
- To effectively consult with the customer base and proactively steer relationships towards strategic partnership status
- To plan appropriate customer training events; to maximise the effectiveness of training activities
- To acquire detailed in-depth knowledge of the Science product portfolio. To keep maintain and abreast of new product releases
- To report back from customer training sessions; recording customer feedback, gathering customer intelligence and action follow-up as required
- To maintain and update sales progress reports and other administrative reporting mechanisms.
- To liaise effectively with internal departments (Product Development, Sales Support and Central Marketing Department) to maximise sales opportunities and to keep up to date with existing and new Life Sciences services and marketing/sales campaigns
- To maintain customer satisfaction with all of the company s services and functions
- To take responsibility for identifying training and developmental needs for yourself on an on-going basis
Ideal Candidate Profile and experience
- 2-3 Years Sales Experience, minimum 1 Year Account Management Experience
- Knowledge of the Life Sciences / pharmaceutical industry in EMEA
- Knowledge of software/information solutions into the pharmaceutical sectors
- Commercial acumen, with an initiative-taking and creative approach to looking after the needs and concerns of customers.
- Excellent written verbal, interpersonal, presentation and training skills.
- Excellent telephone manner and face to face customer skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to both small and large groups and to manage questions in a commercially astute and sensitive manner