Business: The ReFood AD plants operate as integrated recycling units, processing a variety of food wastes to produce renewable energy, heat and ReGrow, a nutrient-rich fertiliser for local farms. The plants also recycle the food waste packaging. The plants provide an environmentally-sustainable solution for all waste producers looking for a safe method of diverting food waste from landfill.
The Position: Applications are invited for a Compliance Officer to work at our three ReFood sites in Doncaster, Widnes and Dagenham. However the position will be primarily based at the Doncaster Site. This is a permanent, full time position. The working hours will be 40 hours per week.
As a Compliance Officer your duties and responsibilities will vary based on the Company s requirements but will include:
- Carry out relevant training on relevant procedures/ risk assessments.
- Complete gap analysis and implement, review and revise risk assessments, as required.
- Organising health & safety meetings to resolve issues within the business.
- Setting and achieving key performance indicators.
- Ad hoc information and reports preparation.
- Monitor compliance within relevant departments.
- Effectively communicate/ implement new legislation to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Implementation of a continuous improvement culture in relation to H&S and compliance.
- Complete a review and standardisation process in relation to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Research, procurement, and implementation of an appropriate software system for H&S.
- Regular site auditing of processes and procedures.
- Monitor daily KPI s & analyse trends.
- Producing management reports.
- Contribution to IS045001 implementation and leadership of assigned tasks associated with this project.
- Pass110 and environmental support for internal/ external audits.
- The successful candidate will be qualified in IOSH and NEBOSH.
- Good standard of formal education, including GCSE Maths and English (Grade A - C) or equivalent.
- Excellent H&S awareness.
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Good systems knowledge.
- Experience implementing new ways of working through policy development.
- Have the ability to work under pressure whilst meeting tight deadlines.
- Good decision making skills, assessing situations to determine the importance.
- Ability to prioritise workload to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of IOS systems and working on KPI management software.
Salary: Competitive Pay and Benefits
Please apply in writing with your CV and covering letter to HR Department, Ings Road, Doncaster, DN5 9TL or email
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted due to the high volume of CV s expected.