Would you like to see a different part of your city every day from a bird's eye view? This job is action-packed, and we provide all the training and equipment to start your full-time career. Our Billboard Installers complete anywhere from 20 to 50 billboard advertising installations per week. Our Lamar office in Toledo, Ohio is now hiring a new Operations crew member to help us bring outdoor advertising campaigns to life for brands in Toledo, OH and the surrounding areas.
The purpose of this entry-level, full-time position is to install and maintain billboards, including installation of advertisements, maintenance of structures, and the construction upkeep of billboard cosmetics. This position most often works alone and must be able to manage work schedules effectively.
Have you ever wondered how billboards are installed? Check out this video !
Lamar Advertising is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in the world. Lamar offers advertisers a variety of advertising formats, helping both local businesses and national brands stand out from the competition. We live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. We have been in business over 100 years, and we have stayed true to our mission and values. While Lamar is a large company, each office has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel connected both locally and nationally.
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these videos:
- About Us
- Giving Back Program
What you can expect from us:
- A comprehensive 6 week training/safety program
- An hourly rate of $18.50 - $19 / hour dependent on relevant experience and qualifications
- A Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm schedule
- Performance and certification based pay increases
- Career advancement, license attainment, and certification opportunities
- Multiple medical plan options
- Dental and vision insurance
- 120 hours of paid time off (PTO) that increases with tenure
- 401K plan with company contributions for participation
- Incentivized wellness program
A Day in the Life:
As an Installer, you can expect to work alongside the Operations team to install and maintain billboards while prioritizing the safety of yourself and others. Installation most often includes handling a large advertisement printed on vinyl and ensuring it is properly assembled to the billboard structure. The tallest billboard structure in the company is around 200 feet, so comfort with heights is a must.
Maintenance of our billboards includes construction work such as tightening bolts, painting steel structures, repairing trim and various parts of a billboard sign face and structure, changing light bulbs, and more. As for power/manual tools: you bring the experience, we bring the equipment!
In this role you'll be expected to:
- Remove and hang flexes from billboards, remove and hang vinyls, cut and prepare flexes and vinyls for installation, cut, prepare and install copies on Tri-Visions
- Build and install extensions on billboards, cut brush/weeds, conduct storm damage repairs and minor electrical repairs, and maintain a clean workshop area
- Use power/manual tools while adhering to safety regulations
- Attend installer and construction safety meetings as required
- Maintain operation vehicles; maintain construction tools, equipment, and machinery
- Take completion photos for proof of performance of installations
What we're looking for in YOU:
- Willingness to work at heights up to 100 feet above the ground
- Strong communication skills. Ability to speak and read English fluently.
- Willingness to work and get along well with others
- Basic computer skills including Internet navigation and Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Ability to work from ladders and to carry a ladder and/or other tools to the worksite from vehicle.
- Working knowledge of electrical skills and techniques.
- Working knowledge of fabrication skills and techniques.
- Skill in reading technical documents, such as blueprints and diagrams.
- General knowledge of Lamar, Department of Transportation (DOT), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety regulations
- Ability to safely use construction equipment
- Ability to climb heights and work at heights above ground safely
- Ability to document installations, through photographs and written logs
- Skill in the practical applications of mathematics, in relation to construction and operations tasks
- Skill in setting priorities that accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Ability to complete OSHA 10-hour Construction course required
- CDL and Non-CDL licenses are a plus, but not required!
- Previous experience working at heights up to 100 ft. above ground preferred
- Construction and/or billboard installation experience a plus, but not required
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The primary work environment for this position is outdoors, requiring the ability to work in adverse weather conditions and climb to heights up to 100 ft.
- The physical demands for this position include heavy lifting (up to 100 pounds), extensive bending, pushing, reaching, seeing (with a focus on reading, color distinction, acuity, depth perception, and peripheral vision), sitting less than 50% of the time, standing, stooping, talking, turning, walking, driving, and climbing.
- Nights spent away from home traveling are less than 10%.
- On-call shifts may be required.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When applying for a job with Lamar, you will be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a disability. Please take a moment to watch this video for clarification on why we're asking for this information!
California Residents - Lamar collects personal information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants. This information may include, for example, name, address, phone number and other contact information, employment history and reference contact information, and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. By submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration for employment by Lamar. Lamar will not sell this information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)