Howdens Joinery are looking for a Contract Sales Representative to join our busy contracts team based in Essex.
As a FTSE 100 business with an ambitious growth agenda, this role offers a confident and engaging Contract Sales Representative an excellent opportunity to develop the contract business with our customers within the social sector related organisations (e.g. Housing Associations, Local Authorities, MOD and Student Accommodation). You will be required to initiate contacts with potential and existing customers within the Essex area in order to promote and sell the full range of Howdens kitchens, accessories, appliances and joinery.
What will I be doing as a Contract Sales Representative?
- Achieve and surpass sales targets through developing new and existing contracts
- Initiate contact with potential and lapsed contract customers and set-up initial meeting
- Prepare tenders and attend meetings to pitch Howdens Joinery as a potential supplier
- Develop collaborative business relationships with customers from a multitude of construction/refurbishment related companies to ensure customers wants and needs are clearly established
- Deal with enquiries from customers in courteous, professional and knowledgeable way, effectively communicating the products and services offered by the company
- Interpret 3D designs to take customers on a walkthrough video of their kitchen online
- Liaise with Depots/NDCs as and when required in order to meet customers requirements
- Process estimates for customers, quoting correct pricing; delivery dates and stock requirements
- Manage portfolio keeping detailed records of names of contacts, who is to be contacted and why, who has been contacted and the outcome and what follow up is required and when
- Compiling a monthly report documenting recent and upcoming development and sales activities and results
- Keeping abreast of industry activities, actively read internal and external publications to develop product knowledge
- Assisting with other requests in order to fulfil the requirements of the business and smooth operation of the Contracts division
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Experience of consistently meeting and surpassing direct sales targets
- Business development experience, ideally in construction or trade only environment and working with customers within the social sector
- Experience in competitively pricing plans and achieving set margins
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels
- Passionate about customer care and building business through trust and recommendations
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Computer literate
- Hold a full driving license
What we can offer you
- Highly competitive salary
- Company car, laptop, mobile
- Bonus scheme
- Pension Plan with core 6% employer contribution, further 2% matching available
- Team incentives and outings
- 25 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years
- Staff discount on Howdens products and share awards
As a Contract Sales Representative you will need to have flexibility to travel to your designated hub as well as travel within your area which will include occasional overnight stays.
Howdens Joinery is a highly successful FTSE 100 organisation with an ambitious growth agenda. Last year our sales reached circa 2.1bn, and we continue to experience significant growth and success. We are the UK s number one trade kitchen supplier providing thousands of products across kitchens, joinery, and hardware. We have over 800 depots throughout the UK and Europe - making us the first choice for more than 460,000 loyal trade professionals.
As well as the opportunity to develop within a high-profile FTSE 100 company, you will be part of a rewarding organisation recognised for excellence in the workplace in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For.