This job is located in Lake Placid.
Join Our Team: Put the CARE back in CAREER - Join our team today! Overview:
Do you love to cook? Are you looking for steady hours and to work where you are needed? Elderwood of Uihlein at Lake Placid has a FT Cook position available! Starting rate of $17/hour plus even more with experience and shift differential for PM shift.
This position is located in Lake Placid, NY.
Meal times are highlights of daily life, and excellent nutrition and appetite appeal are central to the well-being of residents and patients. Our chefs, wait staff and kitchen staff prepare and serve delicious, wholesome menus.
Employee Perks!: Friendly and supportive staff, Generous PTO & holiday package, Strong leadership Responsibilities:
- Review menus and production sheets to determine food quantities needed for regular, mechanically altered and other special diet needs.
- Prepare specified food items, as assigned.
- Test cooked foods by tasting and smelling samples.
- Ensure that sanitation and safety standards are met in the preparation, cooking and production line stages of food production.
- Maintain cleanliness and upkeep of specified equipment and the general kitchen work area.
- Supervise food being cooked; ensures that food is held and served at correct temperature.
- Assist with preparation of and distribution of foodstuffs.
Base wages increase with experience!
Base salary starting at (note: salary increases with experience):: USD $17.00/Hr. Qualifications:
Minimum 18 yrs. age required. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Previous food preparation experience required.
Ability to understand and organize food preparation activities required.
Ability to carry out cooking tasks at a safe and efficient level of performance required.
Knowledge of food preparation and production process necessary.
Pride in quality of food and service necessary.
High degree of personal cleanliness and good hygiene; health status suitable for service of food required.
Respect for residents' privacy and rights; respectful and dignified treatment of residents required.
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.