Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. We consist of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. Our physician led medical group enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different specialties.
Provide individual and group mental health counseling and crisis intervention in a fast paced and dynamic health and wellness center in a college or university setting. The counselor will establish and maintain collaborative relationships with diverse campus constituencies including students, administration, faculty and staff. Assumes a caseload and performs behavioral health, and/or substance use services, and/or crisis intervention services independently.
- Maintain caseload of patients and facilitate groups as needed.
- Coordinate patient care including referrals and collaboration with other treatment providers.
- Collaborate with campus partners to provide crisis intervention, counseling and consultation.
- Manage triage and crisis intervention for students and community as appropriate.
- Participate in clinical rounds, interdisciplinary meetings and training programs with Health and Wellness staff.
- Prepares appropriate clinical documentation to meet regulatory requirements of licensing as well as internal policies.
- Assesses and plans care by evaluating the psychiatric and psychosocial needs of the client; organizes and prioritizes care and treatment and advocates appropriate resources for the clients.
- Participates in administrative activities including team meetings as well as initiating and participating in outreach activities to educate faculty, students and the community about mental health. Assumes responsibility for self-improvement by identifying, communicating and seeking resources to meet own learning needs.
- Must perform on-call duties and participate in the on-call rotation schedule, as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or Related Field
- Three years' experience providing direct mental health counseling services.
- Previous experience in assessment and diagnosis and individual/group therapy and crisis intervention.
- 1-2 years counseling experience in a college/university setting
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
- Active CT License in Social Work, Professional Counseling, Alcohol & Drug Counselor, or Marital & Family Therapy
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.