Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Loads and unloads compressed gas cylinders and/or other products onto and off of route trucks and trailers.
- Rolls cylinders and operates a forklift truck for the movement of compressed gas cylinders.
- Sorts empty compressed gas cylinders by type.
- Checks for compressed gas cylinder quantities, styles and product, and/or assist with inventory.
- Reviews customer orders, pulls items from full inventory and loads items onto trucks for delivery.
- Performs basic compressed gas cylinder maintenance such as painting cylinders, labeling cylinders, and cleaning of work area
- Handling of cryogenic liquid cylinders.
- Handling of hazardous materials (HAZMAT).
- Assists with accompanying paperwork for shipments.
- Completes both routine and non-routine daily and weekly assignments.
- Completes all documentation and forms in compliance with nexAir s safety and quality requirements during the fill process. Accurately and legibly ensures products are labeled properly, with current labels and lot numbers.
- Maintains a clean and orderly workplace through proper housekeeping procedures.
- Sets tone for employees by good example through observation of the company's policies and procedures.
- Reports accidents including near misses, unsafe acts or conditions and obeys safety rules.
- Wearing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Flame Retardant (FR) clothing required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school degree / GED required.
- Must be in good physical condition and able to roll 200+lb cylinders and lift 50lbs.
- 1+ years manufacturing or plant experience preferred; experience operating forklift preferred.
- Able to work in indoor and outdoor conditions throughout the year.
- Able to work flexible hours (within 2-3 hours of starting and quitting times).
- Hourly, Non-Exempt Employee
- Full-time, 8-hour shift with additional time as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)