Data Architect / Lead Platform Engineer (SQL Python) Hybrid WfH . Are you a data centric technologist seeking an opportunity to take ownership and build a data platform from scratch? You could be joining an Investment Management / Consultancy in a senior, hands-on role where you can make a real impact.
As a Data Architect / Lead Platform Engineer you will be responsible for the design, development and operation of the company's data platform from scratch. You will make the technical decisions, defining and documenting the data platform architecture including the technologies, tools and processes. Initially you'll be working with and creating the platform for internal investment researchers but with a longer term view to productionise this to a DaaS (Data as a Service) cloud platform for use by external clients.
Following a remote interview process you'll join colleagues in the London office for 2 days a week with the rest of the week work from home.
- You have strong data engineering experience, with experience of building a data platform from scratch
- You have a strong knowledge of related technologies and are able to make recommendations for the best tool for the job e.g. SQL, MongoDB, AWS pipelines, Python, PowerBI, Databricks, Qilk, Tableau, PySpark, TensorFlow, Keras, SSIS
- You have experience of designing and deploying production data pipelines from ingestion to consumption
- You're familiar with DevOps, CI/CD, automation testing
- You're collaborative and have excellent communication skills, comfortable liaising with senior business stakeholders as well as the technical team
As a Data Architect / Lead Platform Engineer you will earn a competitive salary (to £80k) plus benefits.
Apply now or call to find out more about this Data Architect / Lead Platform Engineer (SQL Python) opportunity.