You will be a cornerstone of the Data & Analytics division by creating and developing highly complex Datalakes across each region containing high quality data, easily accessible by the Research Lab, Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers to create their algorithms and pioneer the future of education. You will have a huge degree of freedom shaping our platform and an immediate impact on how millions of young children learn.
Robert Walters are currently partnered with a global leading Asset Management firm who are undergoing large phase of growth in their Production, Research and Development function and is a key to the product strategy, management, and portfolio oversights. Data and Technology plays a key role to the decision making. As part of this role, you will be a key member of a cross functional team ensuring we met the business outcomes that will benefit our crew and customers.
- Be part of a Product team focused around shaping the businesses internal applications in developing new solutions with the ability to work well with product owners and developers.
- Review business requirements and functional specifications and translate into program specifications.
- Conduct automated testing of code, including functional, performance and security.
- Liaise with end users for user acceptance testing.
- Work within a continuous delivery lifecycle with defined code and documentation standards, including peer reviews.
- Understands and complies with IT policies, procedures and any audit requirements
- A professional with several years of demonstratable experience as Data Engineer
- Strong proven knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of Dash and RDS
- Extensive experience in data modeling for traditional Data Warehousing and also in creating or adapting data models for NoSQL/Big Data solutions (e.g. DynamoDB, Redis, Hive, Presto, Druid or Snowflake)
- Experience in developing event driven microservice architectures (preferably on AWS)
- Experience with AWS technology such as Amazon S3, ECS, Lambda, Step Functions, SQS, DynamoDB, Event Bridge/Kinesis/MSK, EC2, Elastic MapReduce, Glue and CloudFormation.
- Experience in an Agile processes and CI/CD pipelines.
- Exposure to using service mesh technologies such as Envoy desirable
- Exposure to using API Gateway technology such as Kong, Apigee or AWS API Gateway desirable
- Financial Services experience is not a necessity but is very desirable