A DevOp's Lead is required on a contract basis to work for a Global Bank based in Sheffield.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in working as a DevOp's Lead in Tier 1 Banking. As this role will be working in the banking area, previous experience and banking knowledge is advantageous.
The client can pay up to £610 a day via Umbrella (inside IR35), dependent on experience. This is a great opportunity to join a leading client and further enhance existing skills.
Essential skills and qualifications:
DevOp's Lead with Group Data Technology (GDT) experience
- Expert in the Software Development Lifecycle with both a Dev and Ops mindset
- Deep understanding of containerisation, its security in a highly regulated environment and awareness of container orchestration concepts, including hands-on Docker experience of building containers and deploying containers into production
- Proven experience using GCP and strong understanding of IAM, GCP networking, storage (cloud storage buckets), compute (google compute engine) and Data services such as BigQuery (datasets, tables, bq)
- Great appreciation of DevOps and Infrastructure as a Code concept and techniques, using Terraform
- Hands-on experience in using scripting with Python and Groovy to build CI/CD pipelines on Jenkins
- Driven the implementation of DevOps solutions within a project or organisation, ensuring compliance with organisation standards and best practices
- Understanding of application and system monitoring tools with experience in auto-healing, autoscaling and predictive monitoring
- Experienced in Automation and Configuration Management tools such as Ansible and Helm
- TDD or BDD understanding and how to enable and orchestrate the different types of tests required by the quality phase
- Experience/understanding of Kubernetes and the critical operational challenges to support smooth migration to the platform
- Experience migrating on-premises solutions to a cloud ecosystem (GCP)
- Experience working in a large global team
- Coaching and mentoring experience
If this role could be of interest to you, please apply with an up to date version of your CV.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.