As a Digital Marketing Graduate you'll be a creative and passionate individual who will support and empower learners within the workplace in achieving relevant qualifications. The role involves assessing and training learners in our Marketing and Media Qualifications and supporting them to complete their Essential Skills, whilst ensuring an excellent learner journey experience.
The business is one of the leading training providers in the UK. They're passionate about making positive differences to people's lives by providing excellent learning programmes and opportunities. They hold a 3-star accreditation with Best Companies demonstrating extra-ordinary levels of staff engagement.
As a Digital Marketing Graduate you will be responsible for:
- Maintain your CPD by attending sector, awarding body and internal training.
- Communicate regularly and professionally with employers to maintain good relationships and engagement in the learning process.
- Develop links with employers to promote new business as appropriate.
- Act as a conduit between employers and the business ensuring that all business leads are referred to the appropriate nominee.
- Recruit new learners as agreed with Line Manager.
- Engage effectively with employers to keep them involved in the learner journey and to encourage further starts within the organisation. Also, to promote the whole range of the businesses services to facilitate cross selling.
- Ensure learners wellbeing by carrying our health and safety monitoring and following safeguarding procedures.
- Communicate effectively with the team and management including checking and responding to e-mails, updating calendars, attending meetings and staff training events.
- Take part in, support and carry out actions from quality processes e.g. quality observation, audit, learner feedback.
- Demonstrate commitment to learners, their learning, safety and well-being by taking account their current level and making them aware of progression options.
- Use evidence and research to improve practice.
- Plan and deliver effective learning, teaching and assessment by using a range of methods including digital to effectively enhance the learning process.
- Build positive and collaborative relationships with learners, colleagues, employers and others as appropriate.
- Enable learners to share responsibility for their own learning/assessment and empower them to set challenging goals and targets and to evaluate their own progress.
As a Digital Marketing and Media Assessor (Tutor) you will deliver workshops and assess learners on the following
- Use keywords and optimisation Use online collaboration tools Use project tools to support events Communicate using digital marketing/sales channels Develop websites Create digital content
Although this post is home based, there will be a requirement for the successful candidate to travel regularly to Cardiff and potentially pan Wales. You will report to the Digital Services Route manager.
You will be given all relevant training for the role.
The successful Digital Marketing Graduate will have the following skills:
- Minimum of 3 years' occupational experience within the Marketing and/or Media sector
- Minimum L4 occupational based qualification or equivalent (in Marketing and/or Media Sector)
- Creative and passionate for training/learning
- Welsh speaker (Desirable)
- Ability to develop others
- Proven track record of meeting targets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organised
- Excellent IT skills with programmes such as Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Willingness and ability to be flexible and go above and beyond as and when needed
- Team player with ability to work on own initiative
- Willingness to undertake personal & professional development in relation to your role and business needs
As a Digital Marketing Graduate you will benefit from:
- Annual salary increases
- Healthcare cash plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Car uplifts (where applicable)
- Wellbeing initiatives including access to in-house counselling
- Employee voice initiatives including a staff council
- Flexible and hybrid working options (where applicable)
- Annual team building events
- Four paid volunteering days per year
- Length of service and birthday rewards
- Staff recognition awards
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Excellent learning & development and CPD opportunities
- Formal coaching and mentoring opportunities
- E-learning platform available to all staff
- Generous holiday package (up to 45 days per year)