Looking for Fun, Play-Filled Work that Matters? We've got you covered!
If you're looking for work that allows you to embrace your inner child, grow your skills, and make a difference, ChildServe has options for you! ChildServe has been named a Top Workplace since 2014 and earned a National Top Workplace award in 2021. Both awards are determined by employee surveys. With a wide range of services and a mission that matters, ChildServe has openings for Direct Care positions in a variety of settings (see descriptions below).
Submit your application today and a Talent Acquisition Partner will reach out to schedule a short phone interview to get to know you better. We will discuss full-time and flexible part-time opportunities.
Autism Day Program - Best for someone looking for typical business hours and enjoys working with a group of preschool aged children in a classroom like setting. This program features integrated therapy, nursing, early intervention, skill development, and more for children with a diagnosis of autism.
Childcare - Best for someone looking for typical business hours and enjoys working with a group of typically developing children ages 6 weeks to 6 years old. ChildServe provides safe, nurturing childcare environments for infants through school-age children. We have integrated centers for children of all abilities in Ames and Johnston.
Group Homes - Best for someone who is looking for evenings, nights and weekends in a residential setting with kids and young adults with a variety of healthcare needs. ChildServe's ICF-ID, SCL, and RBSCL Homes offer residential 24-hour care specific to each child's individual healthcare needs. Families are encouraged to remain as active in their child's ongoing care and development as possible. We have nearly 20 homes located throughout greater Des Moines.
Medical Childcare - Best for someone looking for typical business hours and enjoys working with children and adolescents with various special health care needs in a classroom setting. ChildServe's Medical Childcare features integrated therapy, nursing, early intervention, skill development, and more for children with significant medical needs.
Respite - Best for someone looking for variable hours, days, weekends or evenings and enjoys working with individual in their home 1:1. Respite services enable families to take a break from the day-to-day demands of caring for a child with special healthcare needs. Services include one-on-one, specialized, and group care.
Supported Community Living (SCL) - Best for someone looking for variable hours, days, weekends or evenings and enjoys working on goals in the community setting or at home. A variety of goal-oriented, one-on-one services enable children with special healthcare needs to participate more fully in their community while developing greater independence and life skills.
ChildServe has earned the title of Top Workplace every year since 2014. Here's why employees love working here:
- Our work matters. We partner with families to help children with special healthcare needs live a great life.
- We're not your average non-profit. We serve 5,200 children each year through over 30 specialty pediatric services in the Ames, Des Moines, and Iowa City areas. Many of our programs are one-of-a-kind.
- Our team members rock. Our teams are filled with people who care about their coworkers, and who believe that collaboration is key to providing exceptional care to children.
- Our learning never stops. As a non-profit dedicated to innovation, we're proud to help many team members gain new certifications, continue their education, take their expertise to the next level, and find new opportunities to advance their career right here at ChildServe.
- We're moving forward together. Experts across multiple disciplines work together to help kids get the best care possible.
Ready to leave work every day knowing you've made a difference for kids and families? Let's move Forward Together - apply today!
ChildServe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.