Overview: We are currently looking for a Dispatcher (Distribution Center) to play a pivotal role in ensuring the efficient delivery of propane to our customers across diverse geographical areas and climates. As a Dispatcher, your primary responsibility will include assigning and scheduling Drivers for both daily and weekly propane deliveries. Responsibilities:
Why Suburban Propane?
- Identify and recommend customer specific routing and demand forecasting changes
- Assist Customer Service Centers (CSCs) with the resolution of delivery inquiries and issues from customers
- Assist with the delivery process by addressing and correcting skipped orders, inaccurate directions, propane tank obstructions, etc.
- Ensure timely, consistent and open lines of communication between the Distribution Center, CSCs, Drivers and customers
- Adapt to rapid and significant changes in workload due to weather, road conditions and other factors influencing the delivery fleet
- Provide general administrative support as required (i.e. drafting internal communications, filing and relaying processes/procedures)
Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
For a full list of our benefit offerings please visit Qualifications:
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
- Minimum of 3 years of dispatching or related experience
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED preferred
- Knowledge of fuel distribution concepts, practices and procedures including related government regulations
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office, data entry and the ability to run and analyze reports
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments in a team environment
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.