Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: .
It's not just about your career... or your job title...it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters...do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.Role Summary/Purpose:
The Software Engineering Manager - Embedded Software is responsible for development and fulfillment of locomotive system embedded applications, board support, OS integration and FPGA level code. This leader will drive new technology development, processes, plans, procedures, workflows, tools and best practices for the Software team. This role is integral to the Engineering of new product/technology development programs, working closely with design teams on new product updates & customer project fulfillment commitments. The role is based out of Erie, PAEssential Responsibilities:
As the Software Engineering Leader, you will provide strategic and fulfillment leadership to a team of
Software Engineers and Computer Scientists, working cross-functionally with other engineering teams as
well as other teams outside of engineering. Working within a matrix environment, you will be responsible for execution of embedded code, configuration management processes, plans, procedures, workflows, tools and best practices to ensure quality products for both internal and external customers, that meet key product and project requirements in compliance with engineering standards & practices.
- Responsible new product development and locomotive requisition applications across all supported platforms.
- Lead and provide direction to a team of software engineers working cross-functionally with systems engineering, product management, simulation, verification, validation, and electronic hardware teams
- Drive on-time software delivery and first pass yield goals.
- Responsible for Configuration Management of software releases and software tools
- Manage Software Architecture Standards and Guidelines
- Lead efforts for software new project proposals process
- Lead Cyber Security Software efforts
- Conduct Design Reviews
Bachelor's in Electrical/Computer Engineering with 8+ years of relevant experience OR Master's in Electrical/ Computer Engineering with 5+ years' experience in product development, new product introduction (NPI) and project management in industrial sector
- Proven strong interpersonal, communication, influencing, analytical and leadership skills
- Proven organization and management skills
- Expertise with software requirements, software change management, defect tracking, software build and release processes.
- Knowledge of software architecture principles, embedded systems, device drivers & Matlab/ Simulink tools
- Design and development experience with embedded and real-time software systems (Linux, QNX, Greenhill, Mentor Nucleus)
- Design and development experience in C/C++, Board Support Package, Operating System and FPGA code integration
- Experience with serial and Ethernet based communications standards and protocols
- Knowledge of Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed goals and objectives in a matrix organization
- Pro-active, organized, motivated and results-oriented team player, with strong sense of
ownership, accountability and sense of urgencyDesired Characteristics:
- Leadership experience in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness to solve problems and deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead diverse teams
- Ability and willingness to travel as required (including international)
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.