Maximus UK, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Maximus, Inc., operates several business lines in the UK, including the Centre for Health and Disability Assessments, Remploy, Health Management and Revitalised. Maximus UK employs over 4,000 local staff, including over 1,400 doctors, nurses, occupational therapists and other Healthcare Professionals. Operating from more than 270 locations across England, Scotland and Wales, Maximus UK is one of the largest providers of employment, health and disability support programmes in the country. Learn more at maximusuk.co.uk.
Vacancies - Full time and Part Time - August Or September start. Interviews to be held via Microsoft Teams This role will include at least one day working from home. Full training given.
About the Role
As an employment Advisor, you will be working directly with a caseload of customers to help them overcome barriers to employment, providing vital support to help people transform their lives. By motivating and empowering the people you work with, you will equip individuals with the necessary skills and confidence to enable secure and sustained employment.
You will develop strong relationships by encouraging, motivating and challenging your customers to fulfil their potential, whilst ensuring you meet your own job specific targets.
- Meet personal performance targets and Key Performance Indicators
- Manage a caseload of customers using a variety of coaching strategies, ensuring the are prepared for interviews and job searching
- Undertake in-depth assessments using a suite of tools to fully understand a customer s circumstances, preferences and holistic barriers to progression
- Co-produce personalised tailored SMART action plans with sequenced interventions and development opportunities
- Use an integration framework of local specialist services to obtain support to address specific issues (e.g. substance misuse, anger management, debt advice, health and vocational training)
- Identify the specific recruitment needs of each employer and undertake tailored pre-screens and group assessments
- Co-produce effective in-work support plans with participants and employers
- Proactively participate in continuous improvement activities to ensure that the service continues to deliver excellent customer service
- Fully comply with company policies including those for personal data security, safeguarding and health & safety
- Work from local hubs and community outreach locations (sometimes alongside other services e.g. housing, health and primary care centres) to increase service accessibility.
Who we are looking for
- Customer focussed with a strong commitment to customer care
- A strong team player with a positive and flexible approach to work and colleagues
- Previous Experience of working in a fast paced, target driven environment
- Previous Experience of delivering services to meet contractual and quality standards
- Fully IT literate in using a range of Microsoft Office programmes to include 365 products and modern digital technologies, i.e. Microsoft Teams/Zoom/Google
- Strong communicator - demonstrating an ability to listen, question and build relationships
- Demonstrable creative problem solving skills and a positive approach to challenging and overcoming any barriers
- Demonstrable ability to plan and organise workload to meet required targets and deadlines
What we offer
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays
- Holiday Trade
- 9% combined pension contribution
- Healthcare cashplan
- Dental Insurance
- Retail discounts.
MAXIMUS is committed to developing, maintaining and supporting a culture of equality and diversity in employment in which our employees as well as candidates for employment are treated equitably. We understand that a diverse workforce adds to our competitive advantage; and as such, we aim to ensure that job applicants do not receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable. Advertisements for posts will include sufficiently clear and accurate information to enable potential applicants to assess their own suitability for the position