PAPE' KENWORTH - PORTLAND, OR
ENTRY LEVEL BODY SHOP TECHNICIAN:
Do you love turning wrenches? Are you looking to further establish your career as a Body Shop Technician? As the premier medium and heavy-duty truck and equipment dealer in the west, Pape' Kenworth is ready to hire a motivated Entry Level Body Shop Technician to their team in Portland, OR.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
In this role, you will work on medium and heavy-duty class 6- 8 trucks including performing pre-and post-repair washes, bodywork, replacement of parts, installs on new trucks, and other minor repairs on our trucks. Every day you will work on trucks under the guidance of senior technicians, all while you continue building your skills and knowledge as a Technician. To thrive in this job, you must be a self-starter, a team player, and be willing to learn.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Diesel or Body degree is a plus!
- Valid driver's license, with the ability to get a commercial driver's license.
- Ability to frequently move and lift up to 75 lbs.
Starting Compensation: $22+/hr (Depending on Experience)
Why work for Pape':
- Competitive pay based on your skills, training and experience level.
- Outstanding benefits including - 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match; Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts (Flex Plans); Life Insurance; Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Progressive Vacation Plans; Online and Instructor-Led Training; Tuition Reimbursement for Training Programs.
- Advancement - Pape' is a dynamic, growth-oriented organization with a focus on promoting from within.
- Stability and reputation - Pape' is a family-owned, fourth-generation company with over 150 locations, over 4,000 members and 80 plus years of experience. Pape' is known for their stability, honesty and integrity.
- Equipment - We have the largest equipment inventory in the West and an unparalleled parts inventory!
- Employee impact - Enjoy an open-door policy where your voice will be heard and your opinions will matter.
- Training - You will be provided with training and mentoring to prepare you for your role and continued learning to grow your skills.
The Pape' Group maintains a drug-free workplace and as such, requires candidates to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)