Estimating Engineer - Required for our client who specialise in Foundation Design and Construction. The Civil Engineer will be based out of their Trowbridge office with options to work from Home.. This is an exciting opportunity for a Estimating Engineer to join a rapidly expanding business. The Most Successful Engineer will be working in the piling department including; design, estimating, planning, procurement, client liaison, assisting in day to day technical issues.
It is envisaged that the Engineer will have previous experience of Design and piling and house foundations with at least 3 years post grad experience. The Ideal candidate will have a Degree within Civil Engineering or a geotechnical discipline with knowledge of the Residential housing sector and ground engineering.
The Engineer will be working within Piling department due to the location and nature of this role, you must have a full valid driving licence and be willing to travel between various sites when required.
Estimating Engineer Position Overview
- Check drawings for errors
- Design of Piles
- Estimating, planning, procurement, client liaison
- Assisting in day to day technical issues.
- Attend pre-start meetings with subcontractors
- Ensure that sites are ready and adequate setting out is in place for the arrival of piling rig/beam gangs
- Check and record any variations to the design as required
- Comply with all QA and Health and Safety obligations
Estimating Engineer Position Requirements
- Degree in Civil Engineering or a Geotechnical discipline
- Previous experience within the construction industry
- Experience within Piling
- Use of Total Station setting out equipment
- Must be I.T literate
- Happy to travel to Trowbridge
- Full UK driving license - Willing to travel to various sites
Estimating Engineer Position Remuneration
- Salary up to £47.5K DOE
- Holiday 25 + 8 BH
- Life Insurance
- Car / Car allowance
- Professional Membership Fees paid
Bennett and Game Recruitment are a multi-disciplined technical recruitment agency based in Chichester, West Sussex operating across the UK with specialist teams covering a range of industries. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data, and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.