Events & Protocols Assistant - Temp - £16.29 per hour
Intergovernmental body is seeking an experience Events & Protocol Assistant to join their Corporate Services division at their central London head quarters.This is a temporary position with a view to start on 1st August 2022 for an initial 3 month period and will pay £16.29 per hour PAYE.
The Events and Protocol Assistant will support in managing all aspects of operational and protocol arrangements for Ministerial Meetings as well as other high-level events.The Events and Protocol Assistant will provide support in project management and delivery, and, where appropriate, take on stand-alone projects. The individual will also take responsibility for coordinating events at their head quarters. The role will involve international travel. Duties include:
- Assist with all logistical, operational, planning and protocol arrangements for all Ministerial Meetings, high-level events both virtual and in- person.
- Arrange and co-ordinate travel for staff teams and resource persons. Negotiating and liaising with external travel agents and suppliers and arranging accommodation.
- Arrange and coordinate virtual meetings on various event platforms.
- Manage the appropriate protocols for Heads of Government and Ministerial Meetings.
- Work with the Events and Protocol Manager to manage registration of delegations for Ministerial Meetings and prepare delegate lists.
- Assist with internal briefings on all logistical and operational aspects of a given meeting.
- Negotiate and liaise with external travel agents and suppliers.
- Liaise with all internal sections to facilitate meetings, including preparation of weekly report of forthcoming meetings and events.
- Co-ordinate the booking of meeting rooms
- Liaise with external suppliers to provide consistent and client orientated services are provided for all meetings.
- Prepare financial acquittals for payments.
The ideal Events & Protocol Assistant will have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- An undergraduate degree in International Relations, Development Studies, or relevant field.
- Experience working in events in an international environment.
- An understanding of multilateral affairs and/or experience working in an international conference environment is essential.
- Experience of working on large-scale events, both live and virtual, in an international conference environment.
- Ability to work on own initiative and make decisions in challenging circumstances.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work and adapt under pressure.
- Experience of using administrative and budget tools, and excellent proficiency with Microsoft office applications.
- Experience of using virtual events platforms such as BlueJeans, Goto Webinar and Cisco Webex amongst others.
- Experience of working within an inter-governmental organisation or diplomatic service is desirable.
ONLY SHORT LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED