Executive Assistant to our Company Director - Competitive Salary - York/Malton
Do you possess extensive experience supporting at executive level, coupled with a calm and unflappable demeanour? Would you thrive in a super-fast paced, chaotic environment where no two days are ever the same? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Our director is looking for his absolute "right-hand" person to become their shadow. Flexibility is paramount for this position. He always needs someone on point to manage his different businesses.
This is a new position and an incredible opportunity to make a difference to the everyday life of an exceptionally busy Entrepreneur. You will have the opportunity to make the Job your own by utilising your own skills and experience and working together with our Management Team to make everyone s life easier and more manageable.
The ideal candidate will have an unbelievably strong character and will not be afraid to speak up and question!
If you are interested in joining our fabulous Team and believe you can make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
The key responsibilities of our Executive Assistant include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the first point of contact: dealing with all of his correspondence and phone calls
- Manage his diary and organise all of his meetings and appointments
- Booking and arranging all his travel, transport, and accommodation
- Organising his events and conferences
- Reminding him of important tasks and deadlines
- Typing, compiling, and preparing reports, presentations, and all correspondence
- Full Diary and Journal Management
- Managing databases and filing systems
- Implementing and maintaining procedures and administrative systems
- Liaising with suppliers and clients
- Management of miscellaneous issues
- Right-hand person to the Management Team
- Running errands - this may include shopping, buying gifts, sending flowers etc
- Organising the Director s personal commitments
- Reminding him of daily personal commitments
- The canny ability to "push" him for required information
- Assist with WhatsApp messages, calls from clients and the Teams within the different companies
Our Director has grown a group of companies successfully trading across a number of sectors, Accommodation (Holiday Letting & Serviced Accommodation), Hospitality (York s Award Winning Restaurant, The Whippet Inn & Gastro Pubs and The Stone Trough Inn, and very soon, The Whippet in Terrington), Acute Medical (YorMed Ambulance Service is regulated ambulance provider to the NHS, AirMed Assistance our Air Ambulance Services and YorMed EMS providing Medical Services at Events Nationally), and Travel via his Helicopter & Private Jet Charter company, FlyMeNow.
Australian-born Commercial Director, Andrew G. Whitney is an extremely driven and entrepreneurial character and now has a thriving variety of businesses in his portfolio, including Private Jet and Helicopter company FlyMeNow, YorMed Ambulance Service as well as the award-winning restaurant The Whippet Inn with his business partner, Martin Bridge.
The key skills and qualities of an Executive Assistant to the Company Director are:
- Discretion and trustworthiness: You will often be party to some very sensitive and confidential information.
- Flexibility and adaptability: You must be flexible in your approach to daily tasks as no two days are EVER the same.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills: You will be expected to liaise with customers from a multitude of different backgrounds and industries.
- Organisational Skills: You will be expected to hit the ground running! You must be ready to multi-task and be ready for whatever the day ahead brings.
- Ability to be proactive and take the initiative: You must be prepared to take the initiative and challenge the Andrew s thoughts and processes if you believe a task can be done better. Using your initiative.
- Tact and Diplomacy: Andrew will rely heavily on your sensitivity and judgement when interacting with others whilst being able to take into consideration others opinions and emotions.
- Communication Skills: You must have extensive knowledge of all means of communication to include phones, computers, tablets etc.
- Software Packages: You will need an excellent knowledge of standard software packages and the ability to learn company-specific software.
- Interpersonal Skills: You will demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills daily and be able to hold your own whilst managing the daily life of an exceptionally busy Director of several Companies.
- Detail-orientated: Attention to detail is a must especially regarding the logistical management of some of the Directors Businesses.
- Focused and responsive: No two days are ever the same therefore, you will be expected to always remain focused and responsive as well as unwavering.
- Experience: We will expect you to have a minimum of 10+ years experience in a similar position as a PA/ Company Secretary/ Executive Assistant.
- Full Driving Licence is a must.
If you think that this position is for you, and that you will relish the chance to take on this dynamic and exciting individual, please click the apply now button to find out more.