The Fab Support Specialist is responsible for a variety of roles within a production and clean room environments. Duties may include delivering reticules; perform basic preventative maintenance on customer process equipment; and inspection of boxes used in the clean room to transport customer's materials and products between customer locations.
At Avantor, a Fortune 500 company, we set science in motion to create a better world - it is the mission of our company. Creating a better world also means that we stand firm in our diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) foundation and weave it through all we do - from the talent we hire to the programs we offer.
What does Avantor have to offer?
- Direct hire, full-time work with set schedules
- Sign-on bonuses
- Dental, Vision, and Medical with prescription insurance
- Healthcare savings, flexible spending & limited purpose flexible spending accounts
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays, and short and long-term disability coverage
- Paid parental leave, 401k, stock purchase options, and tuition assistance
- Health & Wellness incentives
- Supportive environment with Team Leads and Supervisors onsite to assist
Front Half Days, Sun to Tue and every other Wed, 7 am to 7 pm
$19.50 per hour plus a $1000 sign-on bonus
What does the position do?
- Perform activities such as shipping customer material (including hazardous materials), answering customer calls, handling routine issues, operating a manual cart, entering relevant shipping information into the customer computer system, and maintaining inspections on safety stations and equipment.
- Perform inventory management related functions such as equipment due for service, slow moving and/or dead stock, cycle counting, yearly inventories, and reporting.
- Supports purchasing functions, coordinates quotes, document control, filing, records maintenance, sorting and monitoring reclaimed and recyclable material, resolving open invoices, and forecasting.
- Responsible for all customer service related functions including but not limited to: order entry, reporting, basic cross referencing and product conversions.
- Build programs for enhanced service efficiencies.
- Collaborate with manufacturing representatives.
- Document SPI Requests.
- Handle production chemical orders for Intel & deliver to Point of Use (POU) locations throughout the campus.
- Enter orders based on Intel production requirements in Intel's WINGS system.
- Maintain chemical inventory at multiple stocking locations through customer approved min and max levels.
- Clean, bag, stock, and ship quartz, ceramic, and metal parts for semiconductor equipment while following all safety guidelines.
- Coordinate cleaning & shipping schedule to match customer's production requirements.
- Ability to operate equipment used for cleaning & maintenance of parts such as includes ultrasonic sinks, large laboratory ovens, and Nitric Acid baths.
- Inventory management of manufacturing parts in customers computer system.
- Crafts shipping schedule of outbound parts.
- Other duties as assigned.
What do you need to have?
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Mechanical competence required.
- 2+ years experience in customer service, material handling, and/or inventory replenishment required.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and move a cart weighing 100 lbs. required.
- Conform to all customer requirements for background checks, health and safety issues, security clearances and medical checkups.
- Digital literacy including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent customer service skills; displays a professional can do demeanor.
- High regard for safety, quality and adherence to protocols, policies and procedures.
- Ability to self-manage and self-motivate.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to connect with both the customer and internal contacts
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at recruiting@ and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Su pplement
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.