Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: .
It's not just about your career... or your job title...it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters...do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are the doers. The leaders. The makers. Our teams are hungry to make history, acting with integrity to relentlessly improve people's lives. It's time to stop dreaming about the future; let's build it together.
If you are interested in joining our Talent Community, please share your resume with us. When a position that matches your qualifications becomes available it's that much easier to connect!
This is an hourly union represented position. Local UE 506
Starting wage: $21.86Position Summary
Operate lasers, presses - both mechanical and hydraulic, perform setups, read drawings, operate bandsaw, work with close tolerances on parts. Ability use various hand tools, grinders, hammers, clamps, etc.Major Responsibilities
Qualifications Minimum Requirements
- Operate lasers, presses - both mechanical and hydraulic
- Perform setups
- Read drawings
- Operate bandsaw
- Work with close tolerances on parts
- Use various hand tools, grinders, hammers, clamps, etc.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints
- Basic knowledge using manufacturing instructions to produce machined part
- Must be willing and able to work any shift
- Must be able to demonstrate skills
- 5+ years' experience in manufacturing fabrication or sheet metal fabrication
- Ability to read and understand complex blueprints/scales/third angle projections
- Understand math functions including simple math, decimals and fractions
- Ability to climb repeatedly and work from heights off ladders, platforms, and scaffolds
- Repeated bending
- Exposure to constant noise 90 DBA
- Exposure to fumes/smoke from burning, paint vapors, and dust
- Prolonged walking/standing
- Heavy lifting 45+ lbs
- Must be willing to work in tobacco-free environment
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.