Fertility Nurse - Central London
Nurse Seekers are extremely proud to be recruiting a Fertility Nurse on behalf of a 1st class Fertility Clinic based in the heart of London.
- Registered Nurse with an up to date NMC PIN
- Interest in Women s Health
- Understanding of the issues facing patients undergoing fertility treatment
- Knowledge of change management
- Understanding clinical governance and audit issues
Responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Assisting in the management and support of sub-fertile couples before, during and after treatment cycles and providing information and implications counselling to ensure informed consent is given and consent forms completed.
- Demonstrating use of excellent communication skills to support patients and families in highly stressful situations (e.g. breaking bad news, diagnosis of ectopic or miscarriage, managing bereavement) both face to face and over the telephone.
- Keeping an accurate record for each patient of all communication and clinical activity relevant to his or her treatment, in line with NMC regulations, and assisting with the collation of all data resulting from the procedures to satisfy HFEA regulations.
- In conjunction with senior nursing staff, being responsible for the booking of the patient s treatment cycle, planning drug prescribing and liaising with GPs, and explaining the individualised treatment schedule including potential side effects of the drug treatment and demonstration of injection administration.
- Supervising and assisting in the preparation and care of the patient and her partner before, during and after procedures such as oocyte retrieval, embryo transfer, intrauterine insemination and donor insemination, and supporting medical staff with these procedures.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Fertility Nurse with relevant experience who is really looking to make a difference to the lives of patients who suffer from fertility problems. This fantastic employer is waiting to hear from interested candidates so please apply today and one of our consultants will be in touch with further details.
If you require any more information, do not hesitate to get in touch with Tom at Nurse Seekers on for more details.
Nurse Seekers are always seeking RGNs RMNs RNLDs for posts all over the UK. If you are currently seeking a post as a Home Manager, Clinical Lead or Deputy Manager or in any other capacity then please send your CV to us along with your requirements and we will endeavour to find the right position for you.