Our Clients are a well-established Design and Marketing business. They have recently created this interesting Finance Manager role suitable for a Finalist or Newly Qualified Accountant. Reporting to and working closely with the Financial Controller responsibilities of the role will include
- Managing and developing the day-to-day finance function and workflow to ensure transactional accuracy and efficiencies.
- Acting as support for the finance team on systems and procedures, resolving any finance queries as required.
- Delivering financial reporting of management accounts to given deadlines, achievement of KPIs, and developing commercial knowledge across the business.
- Managing business WIP to ensure accurate forecasting and revenue recognition, and disciplines of order to invoice processes are adhered to per client requirements
- Overseeing sales and purchase ledgers including Divisions and Intercompany controls.
- Producing monthly profitability reports, and deferred income calculations
- Managing tight credit control and debtor days in the review of weekly key debtor exposure, highlighting and pre-empting potential risks to the Financial Controller, and monitoring adherence to the Company credit insurance policy.
- Contributing to weekly cash forecasts, managing daily banking procedures, reconciliations, and general banking requirements to ensure financial integrity.
- Assisting the Financial Controller in preparation of annual audit and supporting all testing with in-depth transactional insight. Ensuring strong housekeeping controls are maintained.
- Carrying out monthly 121s with the finance team, daily / weekly production meetings, annual and half-yearly appraisals, and interviews.
- Providing advanced excel and data analytical skills and knowledge to the department and wider teams.
- Carrying out any ad-hoc projects as directed by the Financial Controller.
Hybrid working will be offered following a successful 3-month probationary period. The business is based a few minutes off junction 6 of the M25 or accessible via train from London Bridge. The ideal candidate will have some experience of managing a small team, be systems literate, and be able to analyse data and present it to the FC.