Salary: £70,000 + 25/30%
Title: Fund Controller
A privately held investment and management firm specialising in the development, investment and operation of student accommodation assets with a current AUM of £1bn split across two flagship UK focused funds is looking to onboard a Fund Controller.
Hybrid working is on offer as well as a competitive salary and benefits package, monthly staff drinks and twice-yearly staff events. You will get to work for a business that respects and values their staff in the long term, in a culture that would suit someone with a desire to remain with the business as it continues to grow.
The role will report directly to the CFO and assist with the reporting requirements for the Funds and its entities as well as general support for ad-hoc tasks including acquisitions. Ideally you will be a Qualified Accountant with an ACA or ACCA qualification, be experienced working to tight deadlines. Strong communication skills are required to work closely with internal stakeholders as well as third party suppliers.
- Compiling monthly reporting pack
- Calculation of income distributions and IRRs using financial models, excellent excel skills required
- Reviewing financial accounts periodically
- Take responsibility for quarterly and annual financial statements
- Lead on annual audit process
- Preparing quarterly reporting to lenders, including debt covenant compliance
- Work on investor reporting
- Income tax reporting
- Responsible for tax compliance
- Management of fund administrator
- Onboard new acquisitions
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Real Estate or private equity experience is a must
- Ability to work with multiple workstreams
- Strong communication skills