This is a temporary General Ledger Accountant role based in Slough.
This temporary General Ledger Accountant position based in Slough is working for a global organisation with hybrid working offered.
This temporary General Ledger Accountant role will involve the following responsibilities:
- Significant involvement with the month end process.
- Running bank statements in multiple currencies from international online banking platforms and reconciling these with the cashbook ledger
- Liaising with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams to clear cash book reconciling items in a timely manner
- Monthly cash pool reporting and management
- Ensuring that unallocated cash is investigated and resolved in a timely manner
- Managing timely ad-hoc manual payment requests
- Ensuring policies relating to banking are adhered to
- Maintenance of general ledger accounts including month end balance sheet reconciliations, i.e. prepayments, accruals, fixed assets, others.
- Intercompany recharge management.
- Ensuring strict compliance with financial & business controls required by the Division/Group and external auditors.
- Support remediation on internal and external audit deficiencies
The successful candidate for this temporary General Ledger Accountant role will need to have the following skills:
- Ideally multi-currency exposure
- Experience of using banking platforms
- SAP desirable
- Deadline and Team focused.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Desire and attitude to learn and develop will be key to the success of this role.
- A self-starter with an ability to think logically
This is a temporary, ongoing General Ledger Accountant position with car parking on site.
Hybrid working is offered - 2-3 days in the office