Due to consistent business growth and upcoming projects, Hopkins Coats Associates now has a vacancy for a Graduate Engineer. This role is a fantastic career opportunity for someone who is self motivated individual to join a supportive and growing business providing technical design and administrative support to the Partners and other Engineers in the business.
We expect you to have a fundamental understanding of building services engineering and a solid understanding of the main engineering principles of this discipline of engineering.
- Production of engineering design drawings using AutoCAD.
- Carry out routine calculations using standard methods approved by the Partners. This includes hand calculations and computational calculations of simple systems (ventilation ductwork sizing, heat loss design, lighting design, amongst others routine calculations)
- Obtain quotations from manufacturers, utility providers etc.
- Assisting Engineers and Partners with onsite surveys, measurements, identifying existing services on a building layout plan.
- To attend design team meetings accompanied by other Engineers from the practice.
- Coordinate research for Engineers and Partners presented in the correct manner.
- Administrative duties to support the admin team; taking telephone calls, filing, welcoming visitors, undertaking secretarial duties as required etc.
- Will be trained to undertake energy modelling for new and refurbished buildings for Part L Compliance and BREEAM
Qualifications and experience
- A STEM based degree (Engineering, physics, maths at minimum 2:1)
- Basic AutoCAD drawing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Engineering background
- Further education and qualifications in engineering disciplines such as Maths and Science.
- Ideally, the Graduate Engineer will have a full UK driving licence with use of their own car. This may be used for transportation with the Engineers or Partners for site visits, progress meetings, sites surveys and dropping of documents etc.
- Interest and/or an understanding of BREEAM and sustainability within the construction industry.
- A proactive individual who has interests in the construction, sustainability and healthcare industry.
- Any extra curricular activities which are relevant to STEM or the Construction industry
Working hours and location
The job shall be office based with working hours of 08:30-17:00 Monday to Friday. Occasionally working outside of these hours may be required.
A competitive salary based of experience.
Please send a covering letter and your CV to the email address stated.