Graduate Personal Tax Assistant / Graduate Corporate Tax Assistant
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a highly established Top15 Accountancy Practice who are looking to strengthen their Graduate Tax team and recruit up to 3 recent graduates for their offices in Central Reading. Reporting to one of the Tax Managers, you will be responsible for:
- Working on a variety of interesting and smaller Corporate or Personal Tax assignments for businesses across multiple industry sectors, entrepreneurs, families and individuals
- Preparing basic tax files, collating information required from clients in order for colleagues to prepare Corporate or Personal Tax returns
- Updating internal systems with correct client personal information & financial information required for tax purposes
- Creating templated client letters, to ensure all tax information is received by the firm in sufficient time before the tax year-end
- Using accounting software to provide accurate reporting for Managers, Directors and clients
- Completing working papers and time sheets for colleagues within the Tax department
- Providing input to new services and competitor product pricing, including assisting with new client quotes
- Developing and applying your technical tax knowledge through on the job training and ACA/CTA study support
To be considered for the Graduate Tax roles you should be a recent graduate, ideally with an expected or achieved 2i or higher result in a relevant subject if possible - although this is not essential (eg, Accounting, Finance, Maths, Economics, Business Studies), with a strong school academic background. All of the positions are full-time permanent positions paying up to £25,000 + benefits, and the study package available is for the 3-year ACA / CTA pathway examinations.
You will have strong communication & report writing skills, experience working in a customer-focussed environment ideally, be used to building relationships with external parties and from your academic achievements, already used to prioritising workloads and adhering to strict deadlines. The positions available are within either the Corporate Tax OR Personal Tax teams.
To apply for the positions or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at com McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on or check our Linked-In company profile