Graphic Designer who can deliver creative design projects from concept to finished artwork with experience working directly with clients is required to join an in-house creative team at a well-established Charity.
SALARY: £30,000 - £32,000 per annum
BENEFITS: 26 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays. A generous pension scheme, life assurance and enhanced pay for parenting and sickness leave. In addition, an Employee Assistance Programme, flexible benefits package and discounts and cashback scheme.
LOCATION: Hybrid role split between the office in Reading, Berkshire (minimum of 2 days per week) and working from home
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
APPLICATION PROCESS:Once we ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Graphic Designer who can deliver creative design projects from concept to finished artwork with experience working directly with clients.
Are you a forward-thinking Graphic Designer with a passion for creating a wide range of ideas-led branded design?
Do you want to use these skills to help empower people with sight loss to live the life they choose?
The Charity is looking for a creative Graphic Designer to play an active role in the design team during an exciting time. You ll bring experience in developing new creative concepts that roll out equally well across digital platforms (social media, Charity website, email) as it does in print.
As the Graphic Designer you will be comfortable managing your own design projects, working directly with colleagues from all areas of the charity.
Together, the design team:
- Approaches projects with creativity and passion
- Brings ideas to life, delivering concepts and designs which are best in-class brand expressions across all media
- Collaborates with colleagues across the charity (content team, marketing colleagues, fundraising, operations), combining relevant expertise and insight to inform design decisions in order to meet project objectives
- Takes ownership of briefs, project deadlines and deliverables
- Ensures a high standard of design execution across all work
- Presents designs in a clear and compelling manner, articulating and defending creative choices
The Graphic Designer creates compelling, high quality creative design solutions that not only meets project and charity objectives but wins hearts and minds. They will add value to the brand by applying best practice design skills to ensure the brand identity is strongly articulated across all output (online and offline) and champions accessible and inclusive design across all touchpoints.
WORKING AT THE CHARITY
Working at the Charity is much more than just a job. Through the values that guide their work, they make a real difference, and change lives.
They believe that wellbeing at work is about creating an environment to promote a state of contentment which allows all employees to flourish and achieve their full potential for the benefit of themselves and for the Charity.
- Degree or equivalent experience in graphic design
- Professional, friendly, positive attitude with strong work ethic and willingness to learn and continually improve
- Expert knowledge in setting up artwork for print and optimising output for a range of digital channels
- Up-to-date understanding of best practice principles of accessible communications and how to apply them
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Experience of working in an inhouse creative team
- Design for accessibility from both a visual and technical perspective e.g. considerations in use of colour, typography and creating accessible PDFs
- Experience of motion design
The Charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and vulnerable adults with whom they work. They expect all of their employees and volunteers to fully share this commitment.
Please note: we reserve the right to close any of our vacancies early.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P9062
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Reading, Berkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.