Head of Data
An established not-for-profit organisation based in Manchester are currently looking for a Head of Data to help spearhead their implementation of data-based decision making across the organisation. The Head of Data will be responsible for ensuring the organisation is able to maximise value from data and knowledge held across the organisation. This includes leading a dedicated team (circa 8) to refine the corporate business intelligence and data strategies, continually develop the corporate data warehouse and ensuring data standards are continuously adhered to across the company. They will ensure the delivery of trusted information at the right time through the use of modern applications that will enhance the customer service experience and will further support the organisations wider digital ambitions. Further to this, they will lead the approach to performance management, ensuring performance indicators and measures are reported and evaluated on an on-going basis, striving for service improvement.
This is a strategic role, with the ability to further build and develop a team whilst also making recommendations on tech stack, team organisation and general strategy and roadmap.
The successful Head of Data will have the following experience:
- Previous experience working in a Senior / Head of role within data - ideally with prior experience in building and managing teams of developers and analyst
- A background in Business Intelligence and Data, with a solid grounding in data development tools such as MS BI Stack, Data visualisation, ETL, Data warehousing etc.
- Excellent stakeholder management experience - with ability to influence decisions and evangelise use of data across complex organisations
- Excellent communications skills
- Previous experience working in public sector / not-for-profit would be highly advantageous
The role is offering a salary of up to £60,000 in addition to a range of benefits. The organisation also offer flexible working patterns and hybrid working, with the need to visit their South Manchester office circa 2-3 days a week.
Please note: Candidates must be based in the UK and of relative locality to the North West