Head of QA
Based in Weybridge, Surrey with hybrid working.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Head of QA Testing to join a leading global FinTech organisation
We are looking for an ambitious individual with a background in manual (any experience of automation is an advantage) testing for B2B, transactional, web-based solutions. In addition to leadership skills, the successful candidate will also be expected to be hands on, working alongside the cross-functional agile software development teams.
Skills and Experience
- Line management of manual and automation QA staff
- Previous experience working for either a software product company, SaaS company, bespoke software house or specialist software testing company
- Experience in development and implementing Test Strategies
- Experience of defining and creating both functional and non-functional test cases
- Experience of testing web-based, transactional systems with complex user interface, online web forms and REST APIs.
- An excellent understanding of defect management (workflow), test cycle planning (smoke, functional, non-functional and regression) and test progress reporting
- Experience working within Agile development teams (Scrum and Kanban) and use of agile tools for test purposes : Jira for defect management and Zephyr for test case management
- Understanding of XML/XSDs and Database tools
- Experience working with Development Teams, both in-house and off-shore
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to articulate technical issues (defects) clearly and concisely
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Any automation knowledge or experience using Selenium an advantage
- Team player. Comfortable working in a small company environment and "hands-on" in the sense of doing what needs to be done in a small organisation
- Degree qualified plus ISEB/ISTQB Certification Foundation Level
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website