Apply for this job now
Heavy Haul Driver II
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Job Type
- 28 Jul 2022
Apply for this job now
TEAM UP WITH US!
The Heavy Haul Driver II is responsible for driving a class 8 tractor and trailer with capacity of more than 80,000 pounds, to transport machinery and materials to and from specified destinations.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Drive tractor/trailer (Open Deck) combination with up to 6 axles.
• Possess knowledge of and previous experience in driving delivery trucks, towing tandem or triple axle utility trailers, and towable construction equipment, and operating safely within high traffic or congested city zones and in small areas
• Haul over size and over weight machines up to 60,000 pounds in weight.
• Load and unload truck, ensuring that all cargo is secure according to FMSCA and Warren CAT requirements.
• Properly and effectively conduct pre and post trip inspections and report any deficiencies through the driver-vehicle inspection report.
• Must be able to operate all construction equipment.
• Receive dispatches, load and secure equipment, transport equipment and effectively report the status of all loads through our technology devises.
• Maintain electronic log, according to state and federal regulations.
• Maintains communication with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
• Must maintain confidentiality regarding customers and store operations.
• Will work with customers and vendors frequently, must be able to follow directions.
• WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one (1) year certificate from college or technical school; one (1) year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have a Class A CDL driver s license verified through the Motor Vehicle Report, DOT Physical Examination (Medical Card).
• Ability to work effectively with tools and equipment.
• Must be able to make accurate independent decisions, perform duties and make judgments in a timely manner.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend instructions, short correspondences and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Must be able to pass work related pre-employment physical
• Must be flexible in work schedule.
WHY WORK WITH US?
• We like to take care of business and have fun doing it!
• We offer health, dental, vision, life, 401K and more as a comprehensive benefits package.
• Don t you want to work with awesome people?
Must be able to pass work related pre-employment physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Must be flexible in work schedule.
Required travel up to 100%.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
Will be required to drive for extended periods of time.
The job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Job Reference: 670309615-2
- Date Posted: 28 July 2022
- Recruiter: Warren CAT
- Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Transport & Logistics
- Job Type: Permanent