Hours of work
37.5 hours per week (hours of work will be flexible and dictated by the needs of the business, therefore it is expected that the successful applicant will work those hours necessary to successfully discharge the duties of the role).
To support actively the operation of the business by providing an effective and professional HR administrative/advisory service to the business.
The primary objectives of the role are managing the full range of administrative processes to enable the effective management and processing of employee data throughout the employee s HR lifecycle.
The role holder will have opportunity to develop towards a wider generalist HR role with opportunity to complete a relevant apprenticeship / CIPD Qualification upon completion of probationary period.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Setting up and maintaining HR files on the HR system, in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Assisting with recruitment related processes such as helping to source candidates, managing job boards, conducting telephone interviews, liaising with hiring managers.
- Liaising with hiring managers regarding on boarding and inductions of new starters as required
- Dealing with post-employment references and mortgage/tenancy references
- Producing letters to employees concerning any amendments to their terms and conditions of employment
- Producing and collating accurate MI regarding headcount, absence, turnover and other employment and HR related metrics
- Assist with HR Audit processes, including processing all Right to Work checks
- Maintaining and updating the HR intranet page
- Responding to ad-hoc queries of an administrative nature
- Signposting HR queries to the relevant HR Business Partner
- Supporting the HR Business Partner and HR and Payroll Advisor in administering employment benefits
- Compiling all data necessary for running the monthly payroll via the HR system
- Participating in HR and company-wide projects as and when required
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required by the HR team and /or the wider business
We are looking for a highly organised individual with a positive, can-do attitude who is used to working in fast-paced and demanding environments. Professional/financial services contact centre experience is a huge advantage, and experience of working in an HR team is beneficial.
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Qualitative administration experience
- High degree of attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Adaptable with a driven and proactive attitude
- Ability to work in a team as well as on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and manage time efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to produce well written employment letters
- Intermediate skill level in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- HR administrative experience
- Basic knowledge and understanding of HR and employment law
- Previous experience within professional/financial services or a contact centre environment
- Payroll administration experience
- Knowledge of ATS (Applicant Tracking System)
GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English
CIPD or studying towards (desirable)
up £22,000 per annum + Generous Benefits Package
- Based in Leeds with remote agile working
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays and Birthday Day off!
- Holiday purchase and selling scheme, up to 5 days per year
- Free Parking
- Private health care coverage
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life assurance
- Gym discounts
- Discounts at The Springs
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- and more!