Reporting to the Human Resources Manager you will be part of the wider group Human Resources team. This is a varied and interesting HR Generalist role, with no two days the same.
You will have proven experience in an HR generalist role including experience of recruiting at all levels within the business. Full or part CIPD Qualified.
Salary up to £35,000 DOE, 25 days holiday per annum rising to 27 after 5 years service, Contributory Pension Scheme, Private Health Care, Life Assurance, Modern office facilities, Subsidised Coffee Shop, Free parking onsite.
Full time working hours, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week, 9am - 5pm Additional hours may be necessary. Travelling to other Group Companies on occasion
- You will assist the HR Manager in the provision of a pro-active HR service in relation to providing support, advice and guidance on all general HR matters, recruitment, case work, absence management, performance issues and the application of policies and procedures.
- To effectively manage the recruitment of specific vacancies to include preparation of advertising, drafting job descriptions and person specifications. To take part in the selection process to include interviews and testing and advise managers on selection decisions.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal customers and external providers, e.g. Agencies.
- Prepare contracts of employment, offer letters and other contractual paperwork as required ensuring it complies with best HR practice and relevant employment legislation.
- Conduct Induction presentations for new members of staff.
- Conduct, record and circulate exit interviews.
- Represent the HR function when requested by the Human Resources Manager at internal meetings and work groups. This will include, representing HR at grievance and disciplinary meetings and producing the minutes for such meetings.
- Undertake and participate in HR and training projects as agreed with the Human Resources Manager.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of HR within the group of companies in liaison with the Group Director of Human Resources.
- In liaison with the Group Director of Human Resources develop and implement employment policies and procedures in line with employment legislation and ensure that these policies and procedures are clearly documented and are available to all staff.
- Process the necessary administrative tasks associated with day-to-day queries and issues, including being responsible for own filing, updating of HR database etc.
- Be responsible for ensuring one s own continuing professional development and adhering to the recognised standards of the CIPD.
- Experience of supporting Employee Relations processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Analytical and enquiring mind
- Proactive individual who is able to demonstrate initiative
- You will be proactive in your approach to your role and have a 'can-do attitude and will be comfortable with organising your workload effectively, with sufficient flexibility to adapt to changing priorities. Your excellent interpersonal skills will be complemented by a good command of IT and a sound knowledge of employment legislation.
- You will behave in a professional manner at all times and you will build professional relationships with all customers that will enhance the Company s quality image.